• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I will post for the first time since lurking here for a little while.

I ordered a Toolcraft Parkerized/Phosphate 308 BCG Blemished, SLR Sentry 7 Set Screw ADJ Gas Block-Titanium .750 & SLR Black Nitrite Mid-Length Gas Tube to start on a new AR 308 assembly.

Oh, I do like the bumper sticker that shepp posted above.

Edited by David Warren

I ordered a Toolcraft Parkerized/Phosphate 308 BCG Blemished, SLR Sentry 7 Set Screw ADJ Gas Block-Titanium .750 & SLR Black Nitrite Mid-Length Gas Tube to start on a new AR 308 assembly.

welcome to the forum David, feel free to post up in the intro section!

got then from www.hillaryforprison.com 

Edited by shepp

I just ordered a 18” Juggernaut 308 Win SS Fluted Barrel Mid-Gas 32oz (Black Cerakote),  Velocity Triggers 3lb Velocity AR Straight Trigger, Magpul Miad GEN 1.1 Grip Kit Type 1 (Stealth Grey) & Saltworks SWR-M5 Builder Set (Billet 308 Upper/Lower/15” Handguard Tungsten).

Gotta report to my local FFL Tomorrow to have them email/fax their info for the Saltworks Lower in the Builder set.

I have on order in the mail:

$165.75 Toolcraft Parkerized/Phosphate 308 BCG Blemished (Ordered 2/13/16) *Received and is nice.

$161.99 SLR Sentry 7 Set Screw ADJ Gas Block-Titanium .750 (Ordered 2/13/16)

$17.09 SLR Black Nitrite Mid-Length Gas Tube .08oz (Ordered 2/13/16)

$83.94 POF 308 Tomahawk Ambidextrous Charging Handle (Ordered 2/15/16) *Received and is much nicer than I thought.

$329.00 18” Juggernaut 308 Win SS Fluted Barrel Mid-Gas 32oz (Black Cerakote) (Ordered 2/18/16)

$150.00 Velocity Triggers 3lb Velocity AR Straight Trigger (Single Stage) (Ordered 2/18/16)

$19.95 Magpul Miad GEN 1.1 Grip Kit Type 1 (Stealth Grey) (MAG438) (Ordered 2/18/16)

$564.95 SWR-M5 Builder Set (Billet 308 Upper/Lower/15” Handguard Tungsten) (Ordered2/18/16)

$61.11 V7 Hybrid 3 Gun / Sport Selectors 57 Degree Ambi (Ordered 2/18/16)

$33.20 SI Lower parts (Less Trigger kit, Pistol grip and Trigger guard (Ordered 2/18/16)

$16.10 SI UDC Ultimate Dust Cover for 308 Black (Ordered 2/18/16)

$66.45 308 Rifle Factory Buffer and spring from HeavyBuffers.com (Ordered 2/20/16)

$97.00 M.A.G.S. EFX-A1 Buttstock Kit (Ordered 2/20/16)

$154.00 2A Armament X4 Titanium Muzzle Brake (Ordered 2/20/16)

Total: $1920.53 (2/20/16)

Optics to come later.

Edited by David Warren

Oh, I'm sure there will be more $$$ spent on this project but I am leveling out right now and awaiting my parts before I dig into the wallet again.

I want to get the new Magpul UBR GEN2 but it will not be available till summer but I have settled for the M.A.G.S. EFX-A1 Buttstock for now.

Edited by David Warren

SLR Rifleworks Solo series 14" handguard/rail

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=66_107_113&product_id=420

Going on a low-profile DPMS 308 Oracle, to replace the hi-profile Fortis Switch 12 that doesn't fit. Of course, now I'll have to get all necessary parts to turn the Fortis into another complete build. Let the fun continue!

Been lurking for a while, but decided to join the other day. I have the following in the mail:

Mega Maten MKM extended rifle length set (will be at my FFL tomorrow 23 Feb)

Mega 16" barrel

Cryptic Coatings NiB BCG  (received an hour ago)

Syrac adjustable gas block

Ergo deluxe grip

VLTOR EMOD stock

Elftmann Tactical push button safety

Rainier milspec  buffer tube kit

Silencerco Saker Trifecta brake (on back order)

Rainier mid length gas tube  (on back order)

Strike Industries enhanced mag catch 

Should have everything except the back order items by Saturday. The BCG that I got today looks phenomenal. Can't find any machine marks whatsoever. The Ole lady cut me off at $1850 so trigger and optics will have to wait a little while.

SLR Rifleworks Solo series 14" handguard/rail

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=66_107_113&product_id=420

Going on a low-profile DPMS 308 Oracle, to replace the hi-profile Fortis Switch 12 that doesn't fit. Of course, now I'll have to get all necessary parts to turn the Fortis into another complete build. Let the fun continue!

I happen to be at the SLR headquarters around Orlando, FL. Wednesday. They showed me some of their SLR Hand-guards and man were they nice.

I have one raw set (80% lower and stripped upper) plus jig and an 80% anodized lower and jig from another manufacturer on order.  Apparently everyone is scared of the SOCTUS changes because the backorder on both is six to eight weeks (both are .308, not .223).

• 2 weeks later...

.22 LR 36 gn hollowpoint Remington 525 bulk pack SKU21250 from Cdnn sport ,limit 12  boxes per order! for $49.88 each. I ordered plenty.

My Remington modle 550-1 (.22LR, Long and Short) and my Ruger10-22 love these Remingtons, The 67 year old Remington 550-1 with the flooting chamber is so worn, actually part of the barrel that supports the flooting chamber is gone, that soft .22LR and .22Long cartridges like Winchester will swell at the front of the chamber and the rifle has to be disassembled to get the spent case out, a real pita.  Remingtons are made of harder material and never cause that problem, a gunsmith told me this years ago. Shoot only Remington in a 550-1.

On the schematic, the flooting chamber is item #50.

Remington_550Series_schem.jpg

Edited by mrmackc