• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Home defense shotgun

Madhouse

Brother, you shot that thing yet?  If not, drive over!!!  Jon and I both have them.  I KNOW you've been to the range when one of us has had them there - that's the perfect shotgun, IMHO.  THAT is what I'd use for the HD shotgun, no doubts about it or questions asked.  <thumbsup>

I'll be over to Casa Grande at least a couple of times this summer. Just bought a toy hauler and my daughter is wanting to spend some time up at Canyon Lake. Be a good opportunity to jockey the Harley around some of the roads up there. I'm sure we will be able to get together to sling some lead. I will be giving you & Jon a heads up whenever we are heading that way. <thumbsup>

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are a riot! <laughs>  I have to find a new extended magazine tube spring for Josh's M4. More often than not the last round doesn't come all the way out of the magazine when firing the gun. Don't know if you remember, but we were having that problem with it at the CG range last April when Josh was shooting with us. I'm thinking that when he got the gun from the LGS and had them put the 2 round extension on it they didn't put a longer spring in it!

Carriercomp has a spring they had made JUST for the extension tubes.  When I had my 1 round extension cap made for mine (it gave me 8 in the tube), I had the exact same problem for a little while.  Then I bought 1 of the Carrier Comp super springs and I've never had a single issue since.  Those things are gold man and work extremely well.  I actually bought 2.  Now I need to do another M4 build completely around my spare spring...lol

Edited by Sharkey

Kip (CarrierComp owner) is a good guy and extremely busy keeping up with all of his titanium tubes.  I didn't like the waiting period for a lot of his stuff though and went with a full length mag tube from Dave's Metal Works and they also have a bolt release that is outSTANDING !!!.  I think it was like 20 bucks or something and gives you much more space for a fast reach and release than the God awful expensive titanium release "buttons" that everyone seems to find so "stylish"...

The Dave's Metal Works full length mag tube is steel and was only $75.00 and was easier to put on than I thought it would be.  I would definitely recommend both of those items if you or your son were ever looking to upgrade anything else.

Good luck.  I'm certain you'll be very happy with the spring.  

The best thing about the full length mag tube is that is makes take-down a few steps quicker since you no longer NEED to remove the extension to take the gun apart which is nice..

No, it is a Benelli tube. It was something like $200 but Josh talked the LGS owner into throwing it in with the gun. The owner is a long time friend of mine and Josh helped him move the store when they changed locations so he "LET" Josh talk him into it!

Long story short.

Wife and I spent the weekend in Denver, with some friends.

He is a forensic  Pathologist, she works as his aid.   Known him @ 10 years, and been trying to get him to carry for 9 of those years.   He has the permit and everything.   Finally realised that the " reasion"   He didn;t carry, is that he is anal about keeping his  "things"  in "nice"  condition,  which as we all know, just dosen't happen when you carry something every day.

Found a Taylor tatical M1911 45 acp, new in the box for $500!    Bought it, gave it to him!   Told him $500 was so cheep, he didn.t need to worry about it!

Now he carrys.   Went to the  rarnge to practice draw and fire.  Told him, " Slow is fast."  I made him draw and fire in slow motion, untill he automaticly started  to get faster, as muscles "rembered" what to do.

I may have to go to Denver, once a month or so, untill he's got things down.   Small price to pay when it comes to maybe saving a life.

I tuned it up, and put 500 rounds through it, to make sure it worked, dammed thing exceeded every expication I had.

Respectfully

Terry

Thread detour....sorry

Tom....hemi said he bought a toy hauler. Guess who has to come to the dunes next Halloween?

Dude, I don't think that Harley Ultra Classic will do well in the sand! :-[ <lmao>

Just got home from Safford with the toy hauler about an hour ago. It pulls pretty damn good with that Ram 1500!

You have plenty of time to acquire a sand toy. If nothing else, Tom has a spare 500.

I got no money for a sand toy, y'all helped me spend it all on gun stuff! :auto:

Also, the way Tom talks about that 500, I don't want to get anywhere near it! :eek7:

You can ride one of the spare quads, brother - I'll try to deal with that 500. :ugone2far: :bat:

If nothing else, use it as vacation time - you'll never be around better people (with the crowd we gather up), and you'll eat better than you ever can at home.  That's no joke.  It's worth it to hit it up, even if you never leave camp.  <thumbsup>

It's worth it to hit it up, even if you never leave camp.  <thumbsup>

Might be a plan there brother! Let me know when and if something else doesn't take priority I may just show up. We are having our big Choir Boys Tombstone Iron Posse run just after that so I gotta have some tequila money saved for that! :hethan: