• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Tubb CS Flatwire Buffer Spring

Dracomeister

OK Folks, I warned you up front that I would be picking your brains, so here goes.  I've been using flatwire springs in my work (Industrial Refrigeration) for many years simply because they hold up better than round wire springs.  My question is this, does the Tubb CS Flatwire spring work better/last longer than the stock round wire?  I'm interested in any details.  Thanks

I'd say sort of the same, the regular springs are duty rated to last as long pretty much as the barrel will. The one question I have that might make the flat spring worthwhile is whether it makes less of the sproingy noise while you're shooting. Its not like its excessively more expensive anyhow.

I'm with seasprite. I've never heard the noisy springs on any of my 10's. One or two of my 15's make a little noise. Now, my son has an older Colt A2 HBAR that sounds like one of those little springy doorstops from the 50's and 60's. dwoing, dwoing dwoing. Makes me chuckle whenever we shoot the damn thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Gentlemen.  I ordered a CS spring for the .308 but they sent one marked for AR-15.  Contacted Tubb and they said they would send the correct one but haven't seen it yet.  I put the one I received in my 15 just to see if it fit and indeed noticed a difference in the sound of the sproing (I kinda like that word!) but even more in the sound of the bolt closing.  It sounds more solid with the CS spring and the rifle doesn't have the "rebound" I've noticed with the original spring so when I get the replacement for the .308, I'll have them charge my card and just keep both!  I'll smoke up some ammo this weekend and see if there is any change in the important stuff.