• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Vote for my son

Robocop1051

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my wife is very pleasantly surprised at all of your participation. We checked his status online, and found that he didn't even make the "honorable mention".... After reading the fine print we discovered more.

Apparently there is a fee involved, and a teeny-tiny section that says that the pictures are actually picked by a panel of "professional judges". By looking at the winner, you can tell that there are some pretty competitive parents out there. From the looks of it, all the pics that won were from professional photographers, in a controlled setting... Our son was at a local fair and the picture was taken by my wife on her iPhone while he was chowing down on a piece of fruit.

It looks like staged cuteness and photoshop beat out the everyday average Joe's... We don't consider it a loss by any stretch. Our kid is an absolute blessing and we wouldn't have it any other way. We don't need a website's certificate, when the admiration of our friends and family is readily evident.

You all have been EXCELLENT through this process. I would have loved for that website to have posted a search engine that showed the scores. I find it hard to believe that (based on those I was able to see) there were that many kids with more votes. 

Thanks again, from a very appreciative Mommy and Daddy..