• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What did do today on your loading bench !

MikedaddyH

3 hours ago, Dane Armory said:

Made two lots of 250 rounds each with CFE-Pistol and Berry played projectiles. First batch used 5.2gr with HBFP and the second used 5.4gr with RN. They looked really good,hope they shoot as well.

Those hot?  They look like it. I hope they don't shoot like your "warm 10mm loads," that throw brass back 30 fucking feet...   :laffs:I'm just sayin'...  :banana:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm WAY behind...   I primed 150 x .338 Lapua Magnum last night.  Prepped them all the days before.  I need to primer up 250 x Grendel tonight, and maybe drop powder and projectile on those Lapuas.  I've got 250 5.56 LC brass I need to get through for 75gr heavies in the 5.56 guns (they're cleaned and resized, crimps cut out already).  Have to get through Win Mag final test loads before Sunday morning - then select a load and get them loaded up.  Same with the 140gr and 147gr .260 Rem loads - they're done, they need shot, combo selected Sunday morning, then load both up for next week.  Something like 100 pieces of 338 Fed cleaned and resized.  Need those running by this time next week...  Gonna be long nights, and the coming weekend...

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, Dane Armory said:

Spent a lot of time making 253 rounds of 10mmAuto today. Batches of 50 was all I could do at a time, 800X meters like Frosted Flakes ! Did my perfect plinker load with 180gr Flat point plated over 8.7grains of 800X in 1x and 2x brass. ?

good to know brother, the vet has one upped me and has a 10mm now. if i get my duckets right ill have to spend em and relode.. good info!

2 hours ago, Dane Armory said:

180gr Flat point plated over 8.7grains of 800X ?

THAT IS FUCKED UP!!!  Why you gonna do that to us?!  I'm not shooting that thing. 

It used to throw brass about 30 yards behind it.  Now, it's gonna throw brass further than a college kid can kick a field goal!  WTF man...   :lmao:

Tom ,

Calm down !!!

The plinker load cycles perfectly , its warm at best .  The hot loads we're 9.2gr , 9.3gr and  9.4gr with XTP's , the 9.5gr wouldn't cycle in the Witness and stung like hell in my friend's G20. Just to may you happy I will bring a couple boxes of hot stuff for you !

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Dane Armory said:

Been making a crazy amount of pistol rounds the last two months. 9mm”s with CFE Pistol.  10’s of AutoComp , 357sig with. 800x and CFE Pistol. Used up 2 and 3/4 pounds of powder.

Yeah, those 10s fucking hurt - my wrist is killing me.  I'm not shooting those bitches again, unless a fucking real, live BEAR is charging me.  That's the only way.... 

On 10/8/2018 at 8:40 PM, 98Z5V said:

Those hot?  They look like it. I hope they don't shoot like your "warm 10mm loads," that throw brass back 30 fucking feet...   :laffs:I'm just sayin'...  :banana:

See, in October '18 I knew this shiit! I knew this about 5 years ago - but kept shooting it.  Those motherfuckers are hot...  HOT!...  :lmao:

I cleaned up 500 Hornady Match .308 cases, that will get sized into.260 Rem. After sizing them, all those necks need to be turned down. Well, maybe not all of them - every single one of them is different when they go through the neck sizer.  Some are a little here, a little there.  After that sizer though, they are all the same, uniform, and ready to go.  :thumbup:

22 hours ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Sized up 50 308 cases. Then gave em a bath with vinegar/dawn/h2o. I need to stop being a cheapass and buy a tumbler.

Gonna load up the last of my Sierra pills. Next order will be for some Barnes TTSX. Those little fuqrs ain't cheap. Looks like the tumbler will have to wait. 

might i sugest a wet tumbler. its the cats pjamas! this is what i have but you should find it in the 150$ range when on sale, or less... 

Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series 110V 7L Rotary Tumbler and Media Separator for Cleaning and Polishing for Reloading https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HTN4R6O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5PJACbYXFTQ20

12 hours ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Thanks @sketch . That seems like the route I'll take. I was concerned about walnut being stuck in the case. Seems like it would be a pain separating it. 

I started with the dry and it worked fine. dont rember  any clogs in the case, but it could happen.  stainless pins in a primer pocket ive had and still not a problem to get loose. the brass is ten times cleaner in my opinion. I get excited when i have a pile of shiny brass!

I do rember having 9mm stuck in .45 alot with the dry. id recomend sorting in either aplication.

Edited by sketch
oh yeah now i rember that shits