• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What did do today on your loading bench !

MikedaddyH

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

After getting done with the 1000+ 308 disassembled the reloading benches and moved everything out of the way, replaced all the rusty iron and PVC water pipe in the most of the house with pex, put in recirculating hot water, put the reloading room back together.

Back to cranking the handle Friday/ Saturday/ Sunday 1000 40S&W w/ 180 gr X-Treme bullets, 250 Nickle case 40S&W w/ 155gr XTP, 200 357 Sig w/ 115gr HAP, and started on 250 10mm w/ 155gr XTP. 

Same as Nov, 1 post. Amazing how fast the spent .308 cases turn up. I think this is the 4th batch since my last post on the subject. Will be loading 500 MEN berdan cases today using 150 gn fb bullets over 43.5 gn of Varget set off with Tula KV-7.62N primers. Whatta Hobby.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 392heminut said:

Started on the 9mm and the primer bar actuating rod on my Dillon broke. They sent me a new one out the next day.

Now, how the hell did you break the damn thing?!  :lmao:

13 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Now, how the hell did you break the damn thing?!  :lmao:

Hell if i know, I was just cranking 'em out and it snapped! It IS over 20 years old though. I'm seriously considering sending the machine in to Dillon for their rebuilding service. It's something like $90 and you basically get a new reloading machine back.

I would guess the round count on it to be pretty damn close to 100K!

Edited by 392heminut

Loaded 200 rnds of precision .308. 150 gn fb over 43.5 gn of Varget in MEN berdan cases separated in 1 gn groups with TULA primers.

400 more segregated cases to go, but that's for another day. Charging and seating at a rate of three rpm with powder being weighed to +- .02 gn. Whatta Hobby!

150 fb 1.jpg

5 hours ago, NF1E said:

Loaded 200 rnds of precision .308. 150 gn fb over 43.5 gn of Varget in MEN berdan cases separated in 1 gn groups with TULA primers.

I'm still trying to understand why you are loading berdan cases in 308 when there are boxer primed cases everywhere. You must have to look hard to even find berdan 308 cases, I don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't steel.

Just because if find they last for more loading cycles and provide better accuracy than boxer. No problem finding good brass cases. I have 6 or 8 1K cases of MEN left in the stash. The two flash holes seem to give more consistent ignition.

I do shoot some Boxer primed palma brass that uses small rifle primers for .308 too. Nice to have choices. I think I have maybe 10K once fired DAG berdan brass .308 cases on standby. Difficult part today is finding KV-7.62 N primers.

Whatta Hobby!

18 hours ago, NF1E said:

Just because if find they last for more loading cycles and provide better accuracy than boxer. No problem finding good brass cases. I have 6 or 8 1K cases of MEN left in the stash. The two flash holes seem to give more consistent ignition.

I do shoot some Boxer primed palma brass that uses small rifle primers for .308 too. Nice to have choices. I think I have maybe 10K once fired DAG berdan brass .308 cases on standby. Difficult part today is finding KV-7.62 N primers.

Whatta Hobby!

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, NF1E said:

Not even a little. Got ride of my Barrett years ago. My private range only goes out to 300 and that's just about right for my needs. Whatta Hobby!

That 338 would easily do 2000+.  You don't need another gun until they find the 2 mile spot. :laffs::hornet::laffs:

Makes all the difference when work is done creating a charge ladder. As shown , a little work can make a 1" shooter into a 1/4" just by getting the right powder charge figured out. As you can see, less than a quarter grain one way or the other and it goes from being  quite accurate to just pretty good. Worth the effort in my opinion.  Whatta Hobby!

110 Sierra w 41.6 gn Varget.jpg