• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What did do today on your loading bench !

MikedaddyH

14 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

Ok its been a while...

Had two rainey days !

I finally reloaded again . Did a box of 500 , 55gr fmj w/ cann projo's . I used up 3 partial bottles of powder. 

CCI BR-4 primers

CFE223 , H335 , Varget .

Did you crimp them.  Asking for a friend... 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/16/2023 at 3:13 PM, MikedaddyH said:

Set my presses up for 40s&w last night made 41 rounds of some lead coated nickel rounds. Really nice looking stuff.

Did a box of 500 180gr lead projectiles from Galliant.  Coated lead , really looks good ... Like the Black Label Ammo rounds. Finished those last week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Found some primed 9mm brass . Did one batch with CCI 500 primers and one with WIN WSP primers. I used some of my 357sig 142gr FMJ projectiles and 5.6gr of CFE Pistol. I tested this load a year ago and it was smooth and accurate with almost no recoil.

• 4 months later...

Took the last two days getting 100 Lapua cases prepped and ready for final stages prime and load..

step one deprime with lee depriming tool I never use the ball and pin in a resizing die it stretches the brass to much going both ways I just use a universal depriming tool..

step two anneal takes just a few min to run 100 through my home made annealer ugly but works like a charm.

step three size ,I use imperial sizing wax it is simply amazing stuff one at a time

step four trim brass I use a Wilson trimmer a great tool exact same results every time

step five clean primer pocket and inspect for cracks and champfer case mouth outside and inside and run a nylon brush through case mouth

step six run all cases through case mouth mandrel setting neck tension to 2 thousandths 

step seven prime all cases

step eight charge and seat bullet.

yep I am slow and it takes awhile but the results are worth every min....

components for 6.5x284 Norma

Federal 210 primers,H4350 powder Lapua cases, Berger 140 grain Hybrid target bullets

my hunting load with this rifle is Barnes 127 LRX bullets Lapua cases,Retumbo powder, and federal 215 magnum primers

Resized 100 300 Winchester Magnum brass, Federal, Winchester and Remington, and trimmed the cases. In the next few days will load them up with 212gr Hornady ELD-X  with 68.8 grains of  H4831SC for a friend and keep a few for myself for next hunting season. 

16 hours ago, Magwa said:

components for 6.5x284 Norma

Yep, the bolt.  :thumbup:  4 bolt guns have hit the Mile Target down here.  @JBMatt's .300 Win Mag, my .300 Win Mag, Roman's @sketch ..50 BMG Barrett M99, and your very own 6.5 x .284 Norma.  No other gun has done this.  You are in a very small crowd, brother...   :hail:

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Yep, the bolt.  :thumbup:  4 bolt guns have hit the Mile Target down here.  @JBMatt's .300 Win Mag, my .300 Win Mag, Roman's @sketch ..50 BMG Barrett M99, and your very own 6.5 x .284 Norma.  No other gun has done this.  You are in a very small crowd, brother...   :hail:

Only ONE of those guns has ever Cold Bored that 1760-yard bitch though.  Damn near dead-ass center, cold bore shot.  Just ONE. 

I'm just sayin'...   :hornet:

Never been done after, either.  That's a challenge.  Next person up that does it - THEN there's something to answer to.  Otherwise...   :popcorn:

Edited by 98Z5V

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I'm just gonna throw this in here right now, because...

:ttiwwop:

Just for you my Brother it is not pretty.. but works flawlessly Kinda like me.... lol yes bolt gun but my way of loading will be same for 6.5 CM just have to work out how much crimp will effect neck tension will have both with me this fall.

annealer made from a cake pan, a wiper motor ,a few scraps of wood and aluminum and a twelve volt power supply and a rheostat from Ebay to control RPM,s on motor feeds one at a time from the ramp on the right side and cases fall out bottom into whatever it adjusts in and out from 223 to like 300 win mag

IMG_20230712_061548909.jpg

IMG_20230712_061605603.jpg

IMG_20230712_061527347.jpg

lol I am not smart I stole a bunch of ideas from you tube videos and made it work, forgot to show a torch in front aimed at the steel bar that is the heat source propane torch......

Total cost 40 bucks.....and if anyone is interested there are several ways to do this on the cheap with great results I can take you there ........

Edited by Magwa

10 hours ago, Sisco said:

When you look at what they want for some of the “smart” annealers, it looks mighty good!

A two speed battery operated drill a deep socket to fit your case so that about half the case sticks out turn on a propane torch, then put case in socket, spin on low speed with case right at tip of flame just as it starts to glow red dump case out of socket into tin pan rinse and repeat it takes about 6 mississippi to get there your torch may be different but just as case NECK starts to glow red..... REMEMBER JUST AS IT STARTS TO GLOW RED dump it.....

Loaded up 15 once used 300 Win Mag brass for initial sighting in of my new rifle. Winchester Large Magnum primers, Winchester brass. 225 gr Hornady ELD-X match bullets. 69 gr of H4831SC. Next will be making ladders with the new Nosler brass, once I check that load for pressure signs. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Loaded up 50 once fired Winchester, Federal, and Remington 300 Winchester Magnum brass for a friend. 71.8 gr H4831SC , 200 gr Hornady ELD-X bullets, and Winchester Magnum Large Rifle primers. Pretested this load last week specifically for his Ruger rifle.