• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

name this poop

washguy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got some mulberry trees about 25 ' out my bedroom window last winter for a week I was having dreams about owls. I normally have strange dreams but not the same "topic" that Friday night I come how and here's a huge barn owl perched out in the mulberry trees whoo'n away, guessing he'd been there all week getting in my dreams

Might be a protected Owl ? 

Its getting in some where , close it up .( after he's out , that is )

Guys...if I so much as look at that owl the wrong way...Char would be shootin me....she's already named the lil guy ..Ha

Rene....its an open patio with a wooden table and stuff...he just flies on in to the patio up to the speaker ....ill say this...we got no mice..

the other night while sitting on the patio he did a flyby we think....it was just above the fence in the alley....big wings for the lil guy

and real stealthy....wooooosh  :)  Wash

They are bigin's brother.We are getting more snow owls here.Bein I have alot of DNR property around me I get to them them and big a$$ hawks.Pushing out the neighbors car last night he said now there are coyotes in the hood.And yea we got more fukin snow.Oh yea my spidey sense told me it was a armadillo.

Edited by unforgiven

He's a juvenile great horned owl I think...maybe a year old or less ?

Shepp ive got a mulberry tree bout 25ft, from the patio and i noticed owl poop under it yesterday

you sending vibes bout owls my way? :) Wash

hahaha no wash, but I tell you what they were strange ass dreams hopefully he picked off some rabbit back there. When I was a kid we lived in a small sub division most people had antena tv our neighbors had a large tower on the side of their house that faced ours. When we'd let my parents westie out we'd have to check the tower because a huge great horned used to perch on it, the dog only goes 20-30# so we'd go outside with him if the owl was up there

Yep he's a horned owl. We also get the Artic grays and the snow owls up here when the lemming population crashes by the arctic circle. But more horned owls than anything. He gets bigger he will take out feral cats as well.

We get snows down here too a large part of rock county that was all prairie (now farm land) seems to attract them in the winter. a photographer friend of mine has found them there and in northern IL also

You Guys....too funny!  okay Mag...here's your bone <thumbsup> ..... Plane..how did ya know? ...lol  Rene...I wore shorts and tee shirt today :banana:   Wash

Wore a t shirt and uniform pants, and worked up a sweat, but that's 35-40 * warmer then it was pretty much the whole month of January and most of feb here