• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hard to believe there no Benelli Lovers here...

Sharkey

I know it's not domestic but oh man, do these things sing....

Mine is a 10 shot.  8+1+1 and will rock pretty much anything just as fast as you can pull the trigger and keep on kicking ass all day long.

One of the few weapons I own that I truly pined over for years and years before finally throwing the coin for it.  Rifles, handguns, all of em just happened to land in my hands when the timing was right but the Benelli M4 was something I drooled over for literally years before taking the leap.

And I have never ONCE regretted doing it.  They really are all that they claim to be.

post-14569-0-72123700-1393011628_thumb.j

I actually don't know anything about the clay or other guns they put out.  All I ever wanted was an M4 and a couple of years ago I took the plunge.  With the Urbino Stock on there, I can literally dump 1600fps slugs all day long and never have so much as a mark on my shoulder or soreness the next day and I've done 160-200 shells before in a day.

I've retired the Rem 1100 I actually built back in '85 and put that with some of my other "down the hole" guns for safe keeping but it served me well for a lot of years.  Oddly enough, when I first bought my 1100 so many years ago, I put a fixed pistol grip/shoulder stock on it, had it parkerized and added a mag extension and a black plastic forend and it looked a LOT like my M4 today.

A lot of guys I was working with back then like the pistol grip only shotgun or the mossberg pumps but I've always been a semi auto guy.

The M4 is a serious upgrade compared to my Rem 1100 and although I've put it away for safe keeping now, I still have a lot of love for that old shooter as well.

Kid gets out of college, maybe I can afford a Benelli, till then my Rem 870 and Mossberg pump will have to do, unless the Ducks Unlimited dinner is kind to me.

Damn right I can miss ducks just as fast with my 1300 whinchester as with my 1187 (I bought the 1187 cuz a friend needed money and I've always wanted an auto loader)

Here's the "house gun" I put together last year, started as a basic 870 slug gun

post-12796-0-65813800-1393376287_thumb.j

Taught shotgun last week.  Forgot how much fun that is!

Those who were at the range in Marana, had them start out on steel at 25 yards to make sure they were sighting correctly.  After that they got to rest a bit while we demonstrated what chokes do to the shot pattern, with skeet to full…four different chokes.

Then it was challenge time…who can ring the steel the fastest left to right, on the five hangers on the north rack.  Next drill was outside to center, shooting left outer, right outer, left middle, right middle, center.

They were having one heck of a good time!

I've never been a pump gun guy although I've got nothing against them.  It's nice to be able to dump 10 loads of buckshot into a target at 15 yards in roughly 2 seconds though.  Granted, there are some seriously fast guys with pump guns but they also work with their guns almost daily to be able to achieve those kinds of times whereas with my M4, it's pretty much a given and all you have to be able to do is hang on...

Not to mention that with the Benelli as compared to that Keltec, moving, firing and reloading is pretty simple since it's a standard loading shotgun and you can push shells into it pretty darn quickly on the move.  I don't think that keltec boasts the same versatility but I could be wrong.

Edited by Sharkey

To an outsider, who dosen't much care for shotguns, this sounds like a sales pitch for Benelli.

Oh!   For my creds.   Owned and managed a retail gunshop and gunsmithing for 20+ years.   Shot shotgun regulary during that tome, also plyed with Cowboy Action shooting.   Fired thousands of rounds, over the years.  Haven't shot a single round of shotun shells in over 10 years.

Respectfully

Terry

I ain't no salesman and if you don't care much for shotguns, this seems like a funny area for you to be in but I'm sure all opinions are welcome so thanks for posting.

My M4 is not for sale by the way nor do I have any spares.... :))

Also respectfully Sir

Sharkey

Well played sir, well played.  <thumbsup>

I thought everyone was allowed an opinion.

Again, respectfully

Terry

Absolutely. I'm pretty sure noone is upset, but your opinion did kind of put him in a place that he had to explain himself, to be fair.

Anyways, on the topic of Benelli, the M4 was the first of Benelli's offereings that I ever placed on my "bucket list" of guns. It is a very well designed and implemented piece of weaponry.

I have to love them from afar, for now. Worked with a guy who was an avid goose hunter, he told me stories of losing/breaking his boat paddle and using the SBE instead-still ran like a Singer.

Drop em in the mud, roll em around, and do a quick dunk/rinse out. I think he's on his third one now-a Vinci IIRC? Another buddy just ran his new Vinci last year and could not be happier. 

I just finished converting over my old 1100 with a VR 26" target barrel off GB, ATI tube extension, fresh delrin rings, and now for an EZ loader sometime soon will finish her off.

Love for Benelli here, AND their motorbikes...