• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Greetings from Texas

NTXshooter

Howdy to all the members of the forum.  I've been lurking around the sight for awhile now and finally decided to join.  Started my first 308 build and it is almost complete.  Can't wait to shoot it.  Looking forward to tapping into all the experience on the site and offering any that I gain along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome from the northeast NTX.  

Ha!  Reminds me of a story.

When I first came down to Houston 20 years ago I went into a gas station to pick up some beer.  The guy asked for my ID and when he was checking it he asked, "Maine?  Where's that?"  I was floored but kept it together and said it was in the northeast.  And, you guessed it, he asked, "Northeast Texas?!?"

???

Howdy, NTX, welcome aboard from the Hills of Tennessee. 

Had an Uncle lived in Austin years ago who was an absolute dyed-in-the-wool Texan! I told him once that the only place I ever wanted to be in Texas was the exact geographic center of the state ... he bit, asked why?  I told him 'cause that way, any direction I drove I'd be leaving!  Funny, he didn't invite me back and I didn't get remembered in his will! 

Y'all come and visit when y'all can set a spell!

Ha!  Reminds me of a story.

When I first came down to Houston 20 years ago I went into a gas station to pick up some beer.  The guy asked for my ID and when he was checking it he asked, "Maine?  Where's that?"  I was floored but kept it together and said it was in the northeast.  And, you guessed it, he asked, "Northeast Texas?!?"

???

You know LeBrecque?