• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Texas Land

planeflyer21

We've finally got Dad's land listed with a realtor.  They are concerned with selling to ranchers or mineral companies.

My understanding is hunters/hunting clubs in Texas need places to hunt.  This would be ideal!  Deer, javalina, located a few miles down stream from the Red Bluff Resevoir, on/near the Pecos River.  A few miles west of 302 on 285, closer to Carlsbad than Pecos.

Three joined pieces forming 480 acres, with over a mile of river front, and a separate 40 acre parcel within spitting distance.

List price for the whole package (all 520 acres) is $234K.

Edit: to correct road 285

post-12390-0-49353300-1398221860_thumb.j

post-12390-0-94738200-1398221879_thumb.j

Edited by planeflyer21

blm got you spooked?

;)

Naawww.  That's over on the OK border, where the feds can stir up the ol' "Us vs. Them" mentality.

please gimme some more info or maybe the actual listing.....i need some place to hunt shoot and run nekked......is there a home barn utilities?.....need to see the map of the roads to it :) Wash

No buildings or wells.  Dad did get a hair and used his dozer to widen two intersecting roads into runways (USAF ret), but that is grown up now.

Those maps Tom posted have the roads nailed.  Typical county dirt roads.

For the 480-acre plot, that comes out to 487.50 per acre.  That math includes the 40-acre separate parcel as a free bonus... 

That's where my house will be. 

Holy schit, this is a good deal.  AND, it's on a river in Tejas.  That automatically means that I get to fight the BLM, at a later date.  :banana:

For the 480-acre plot, that comes out to 487.50 per acre.  That math includes the 40-acre separate parcel as a free bonus... 

That's EXACTLY how the realtor did the math too.  Redhead named Ginger. 

Plenty of wildlife out there.  They'd be digging on a nice dirtbike facility.   :hunter:

At this juncture, property taxes per year (ready for this?) are

running about $35 for the whole kit-n-kaboodle. With the agricultural exemption.

Maybe with the crosshairs.............but a closed bolt would be rude...........for a brother that is. I ain't like that. Besides........you being the leader......nobody else wants that post. <lmao>

Now are you gonna make it in May? I did PM your ass.

Edited by Rsquared

Hm..... Any liveable property on the land? I need at least 5 bed/4ba.

I was just looking at NC, VA, IN, and several other places. Found some places with 40+acres with nice houses that I'd consider moving. 

Edited by shibiwan