• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

need some imput on Acog's

what reticle do you like and why? and are they all dual lights both tritiom and sunlight? I shot a m4 with one and it had the horseshoe reticle green and I have to say it was easy to use at fixed 4 power I am looking to get one but want to know if I might like another reticle better it will be on my dissy....

As a layman I have a late model acog it's bad ass in home defense or 100 yds after that ??

post-12857-0-87392200-1398309399_thumb.j

post-12857-0-07311100-1398309426_thumb.j garage lights on.

post-12857-0-09889400-1398309473_thumb.j pelecon gun light. Zero garage lights!

I put the tip of triangle cover at 100 tip of tri under at 50?

Built tough for me ! Not a tritium but not nessary with a light?

Not an expert on ACOGs by a long shot but have handled and used quite a few.

All I've used had tritium but some do not have fiber optics.

There are several different reticles available and some are caliber specific.

Some have a mounting point on top to install a RMR sight for short distance rapid fire.

Trijicon's website and UT are very helpful

Edited by Microgunner

Well, the Marines don't have any problem qualifying out to 500 yds. with the 4X ACOG. The reticle they use is an illuminated red chevron and their ACOGs have both the tritium and fiber optic illumination. I've been told that quite often they will cover part of the fiber optic with tape during daytime shooting because the reticle is so bright. My son qualified expert and loves the ACOG, he's trying to figure out how he can afford to buy one for his personal AR-15 on military pay! <lmao>

Hey 98 now i know you know some chit about Acogs come on spill it out.... please.... <thumbsup>

Brother, my only experience with them is the 4x fixed ACOG that was issued to the MIL, the TA-31. One of these days, I'll have some of the variable scopes, but that's the only one I've used.

98 ,That is the one I am looking at, you shot the red chevron correct? what were your thoughts on it? just trying to decide what reticle I want that will be good in all enviroments hunting ,home protection etc.... thanks <thumbsup>

Mine is a TA11-E with the red chevron. I think it works fine for my 10 carbine. But it all comes down to personal preference with optics. What I like might not be what Jon likes, or what Tom likes, or what Rene likes, or what Larry likes, or what Rob likes, or what Greg likes. OH.......and we don't care what Dirk likes.

98 ,That is the one I am looking at, you shot the red chevron correct? what were your thoughts on it? just trying to decide what reticle I want that will be good in all enviroments hunting ,home protection etc.... thanks <thumbsup>

Yep, they were all red chevrons.  They worked damn well.  I can see the green being easier to pick up, though.  I've got a Leup that's got green illumination in it, and that is very, very easy to sight.