• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

rifle case

Cali_Ed

Condor's aren't bad (so to say). I've had them in the past. They're ok..........until you start ripping the zippers off of them. Keep in mind that they're Chinese made. That's when I switched to Voodoo/Drago. Those can't be beat. I've probably got about a half dozen of the Drago made bags that I use constantly. Also, not to sound like a broken record.........BDS makes outstanding gear all the way around....you just gotta be patient when you order.

Good to know. I kind of went by the 180 five star reviews the bag got. It's treated me good so far, and for a range bag I'm confident it will hold up.

I've got a cabelas soft double bag I put my .308 in I really like it not bad price either 65$? Mines digital camo I think the black one maybe 5-10$ cheaper. Comes with two mag pouches and webbing to add more also the zippers are nice heavy duty and smooth

I ordered one of these Plano cases , been looking at them for a while & finally dropped the hammer . This is the most I've ever spent on a hard case . 
Does this mean I'm not cheap any more ?  <dontknow>

PN36TRC1.jpg
PN42TRC 42 Plano Gun Guard AW Hard Tactical Rifle Case $56.95 Ea

With this hard sided gun case by Plano Molding Company, you get the tough reliable quality of Plano and these additional great features in a hard sided tactical rifle case. Plano's strongest line of cases is designed for the most extreme conditions the AW Series™ is the ultimate shield against the elements. The 108442 boasts ultra thick walls, Dri-Loc® weather resistant seal, heavy-duty dual stage latches with a pressure release valve.

• Rugged thick-wall construction
  • Weather tight Dri-Loc seal
  • Over molded handle
  • Spring assisted dual-stage latches
  • High-density pluck foam
  • Pressure release valve
  • Lockable
  • 46 x 16 x 5.5 (Exterior dimensions)
  • 43 x 13 x 5 (Interior dimensions)

Ok I have a top end compound bow case and now no bow so I want to convert it to a good gun case a AR15 or AR10 will fit if they have a collapsable stock I have a couple so where does one find the right kind of foam for this job?

Ok I have a top end compound bow case and now no bow so I want to convert it to a good gun case a AR15 or AR10 will fit if they have a collapsable stock I have a couple so where does one find the right kind of foam for this job?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0058KFW3M/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?qid=1404365675&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Or a local hardware store

You can also go to a fabric store for the foam but all the women there will look at you kinda funny. It's almost as bad as shopping at Victoria's Secret.

Take it home and try it on don't try it on in the store silly ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I spent about 4 hours online looking at cases. These dang 24" barrel ARs are a pain to find a case for lol. But I ended up choosing this one. Fits my rifle perfect and has two separate compartments for two rifles. Plus two hidden pockets secured by Velcro. Very nice case. I really like it.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/16-PVC-RC46B-A

post-14965-0-46856500-1406773505_thumb.j

I just looked at the instructions with my Plano Tactical case & the flat foam insert has been pre-cut with a bunch of squares for you to pop apart to make the out line of your rifle or accessory's . You can make them out in the photo above , they should be on the under side when your done though. I like it , I'm going to get another one .

I don't like the "pick n pluck" type foam inserts tho.  I have it for my pistol case and after a few uses it starts tearing an pieces fall out.  Also doesn't look as good as a cut to fit install.

After I pluck the foam, I use some elmer's glue and glue the remaining shaped padding onto the bottom layer. Simple Elmer's glue works, and it holds everything together so the pick 'n pluck layer doesn't disintegrate over time. Learned that when I was doing professional sound/lights 20+ years ago....