SR-25 build - My first .308

ninjajimmy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you guys! Ran it this morning. 60 rounds and it shot flawlessly. Zeroed at 100 for now and then went over and played on some steel. Looking forward to tweaking zero slightly and then shooting out further this week.

Let the guy next to me take two shots and then I follow up with the third.

http://youtu.be/Zhv6zCKXWxE?list=UUZUOmQxsHCIcaRm-DHx-aKw

I made the mistake of going into the local shop afterwards....first suppressor here I come. Now the wait :)

E9757858-D467-4458-90B9-3E81C14E6A57_zps

Edited by ninjajimmy

• 2 months later...

Sounds like I'm doing the same build for the same reason; I scored two of the SR-25 receiver kits.  If I need some advice or help is there anyone that I can contact directly ?  Thanks.!

www.boltcarrier.com is a very popular Knight's armorer and has been putting together a lot of SR-25 builds together for people like you who snagged up the sets before the ban.

I buy the majority of my Knight's accessories from him.

Edited by FaRKle!

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm doing my first .308 upper build with the same .308 upper you used I have a couple of questions. I noticed you used a .308 bolt carrier group; are there specific bolt carrier groups that will work with the preban upper ?  If I use a DPMS BCG do I have to use a DPMS patterned barrel ?  I want to be safe and certainly not get hurt.  How do insure the head space is correct ?  Lastly, will I need specifically a Knight Armament barrel nut no matter what barrel I use ?  Thanks.

Since I'm doing my first .308 upper build with the same .308 upper you used I have a couple of questions. I noticed you used a .308 bolt carrier group; are there specific bolt carrier groups that will work with the preban upper ?  If I use a DPMS BCG do I have to use a DPMS patterned barrel ?  I want to be safe and certainly not get hurt.  How do insure the head space is correct ?  Lastly, will I need specifically a Knight Armament barrel nut no matter what barrel I use ?  Thanks.

You'll need to get a BCG that matches the barrel extension of whatever barrel you get. If it's a LR308 (DPMS) barrel you'll need an LR308 BCG, if it's an AR-10 barrel you'll need an AR-10 BCG.

You'll need an SR-25 specific barrel nut. Boltcarrier.com has the SR-25 specific URX 3.1 rail in stock.