• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Boat

BLKSHEEP

Thanks guys, hopefully they'll have her ready soon.....I sure hope my Tacoma can pull that big bitch!  <lmao> 

Mike, those Yamaha jet drive outboards look like they'd work good in your waterways with all those rocks.I don't have to deal rocks,only stumps & mud.

Yes sir those jet drives are probably 75 percent of the boats you see here are jet drives, Hmmmm I see a drive south for a crawfish feed in my future... :) have fun in that boat...

Magwa, I have a creek running through the forest where I live, and that creek (they call it a 'crick' around here) has lots of crawfish (they call 'em 'crawdads' here). We have plenty of crawdads, but you'd have to hunt and grab those critters to make a meal. Like maybe a day, during summer, feeding two guys. Is it worth the effort? I ate some 'Cajun Crawfish' from a store here in Iowa and it tasted like tough, stringy red pepper. Are those critters worth the effort?

Yes sir those jet drives are probably 75 percent of the boats you see here are jet drives, Hmmmm I see a drive south for a crawfish feed in my future... :) have fun in that boat...

Anytime brother, It's time to hit the crabs now :drool:

Hell yea!!! Bull reds!!!!

Yes sir, they pull like a tug boat!

Magwa, I have a creek running through the forest where I live, and that creek (they call it a 'crick' around here) has lots of crawfish (they call 'em 'crawdads' here). We have plenty of crawdads, but you'd have to hunt and grab those critters to make a meal. Like maybe a day, during summer, feeding two guys. Is it worth the effort? I ate some 'Cajun Crawfish' from a store here in Iowa and it tasted like tough, stringy red pepper. Are those critters worth the effort?

Gnat, you can't compare that frozen stuff to what we have here in Cajun Country. There's a high probability that the frozen crawfish you purchased came from China. The Chinese are flooding the market with crawfish and they taste just like what you're describing. They may say cajun or from Louisiana but there's lots of false advertising going on, if it doesn't have the copyrighted "Certified Cajun" logo pictured on the package it probably isn't a Louisiana seafood product. Also we catch them in traps or nets, not by hand.  

post-12582-0-08753900-1404871165_thumb.g

post-12582-0-88336100-1404871244_thumb.j

post-12582-0-91892700-1404871260_thumb.j

Gnat you build a trap put some chicken in dere,throw that dere trap in ya crick let er soak over night. Get ur trap da next day take ur catch put them in a tub of clean water a day eer two and boil dem craw-fish in sum dat dere crab boil mmmmmm-mmmmmm betta dan lobster!!!

^^^^ that's my Cajan lol seriously tho ghey are the same thing actually the ones I bout came outta Stevens point Wisconsin, I wanna have a boil again!!

Lonny crabs!!!!! Hell yea should had you mail me sum in that ruck!!!!

Indeed traps are the way to do it ,my momma would have us trap a washtub full and put clean water and some cornmeal in the tub and keep em in the shade for a day  then she would boil them along with ears of corn and new potatos and little onions, and when she could get them blue crabs too and she made this mixture of spices and red pepper and man you could eat all day .. great stuff and you got to have corn bread too.... and butter and fresh honey.... damn .. I am jonsing now.....

Indeed traps are the way to do it ,my momma would have us trap a washtub full and put clean water and some cornmeal in the tub and keep em in the shade for a day  then she would boil them along with ears of corn and new potatos and little onions, and when she could get them blue crabs too and she made this mixture of spices and red pepper and man you could eat all day .. great stuff and you got to have corn bread too.... and butter and fresh honey.... damn .. I am jonsing now.....

Hell yea!!!

Nice boat and all this talk about crawdads makes me want to visit our relatives in Biloxi. Shepp, we have the Rusty Red Crawdads up here now in the Eau Claire lakes. Lots of em and they taste great.

Stay away from that Chinese crap the water they raise them in is your basic septic tank quality. No wonder they taste like s__t.

Edited by Sisco