• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another Fraud Busted

planeflyer21

I really dont get why people must do this. My papa was a cook in the navy during ww2. Do you know what he told us he did during the war? He said he fkn cooked! I cant stand people that lie about their service or non service. I never served but im damn proud of those that have.

I have a neighbor who told me he was a sniper in the military. I have no proof that he's BSing me but throughout the time I've known him I've heard him make some very basic errors in firearm lingo, such as calling a magazine a clip and the like and; despite several opportunities to do so, I've never heard him mention anything real about precision shooting. In fact, he acts like someone with little to no experience with firearms at all.

Then again. He's just someone who seams to enjoy telling tall tails. Going to the extreme of dressing up as a military vet at any formal occasion or make any serious effort to convince people he's a vet seams humorously extreme for him.

The guy in that video is silly.

Quick note. It's not a very good idea to go threatening people who just spent 2 years killing guys with AK-47s.

Edited by MaDuce

Offer to take your neighbor shooting? Seems you have a good repor with him? You'll figure it out quick enough? This kinda stuff should be figured out and stopped in respect for our living , fallen , and future military representative! Keep it real or it becomes anyone's joke!!

Dude is wearing enough hashmarks on his sleeve to have founded the Army and looks like he just got out of college...if that.

Yep, that's 3 years per stripe, saying he's completed 15 honorable years... 

I hate people like that.  Hate 'em.

There's so much $hit wrong with that dude's uniform it's not even funny.

Edited by 98Z5V

Offer to take your neighbor shooting? Seems you have a good repor with him? You'll figure it out quick enough? This kinda stuff should be figured out and stopped in respect for our living , fallen , and future military representative! Keep it real or it becomes anyone's joke!!

I dunno. He's a nice guy and all but there's some things about him that make me wonder. And I'm not sure he'd be very quick to take me up on a shooting trip either. Seams a little paranoid.

Plus, he'll probably just say he was a sniper a long time ago and forgot (he's in his 50s) which is unlikely but possible. And I am the king of unlikely things being the truth and being misjudged as result, so I have a moral responsibility to give people the benefit of the doubt under such circumstances, lest I justify all the times I myself have been misjudged.

So basically, unless I want to REALLY get nosy there is little chance I am going to prove him full of beans. Even though I give him the benefit of the doubt, I don't actually believe him.

Edited by MaDuce

I never got to serve, medical history kept me out, so I'm mot sure my opinion matters but this guy makes me effing sick.

Of course it does, I've never served either. fornicate these people they are a disgrace to those who have bled for the uniform and a disgrace to scocity for pretending they're somthing they're not. Hell I'd call someone out if I knew they were faking and if I was unsure I'd call a few buddies up who did serve

Much like Duce said, I met an older guy who was a Walmart refrigeration tech (my company is 3rd party back up for him) he was telling me how he was SF and after the fall of Russia he was in there dis arming nukes and poop. First time I heard the story it was like ok cool, then he told it again a little different time after that different again, told me he could always be called up again (dudes well over 50). THEN he tells me about a bank robbery he stopped the guy had a 1911 in his face and he stopped it buy grabbing it outta the guys hand cuz he saw the safety was on (red flagged me) then he couldn't be interviewed or have his name in the paper cuz the military wouldn't be happy about that?!? Think he watched one tomany spy movies if you ask me.

Telling tall tales it bad enough walking around like this dbag is dishonoring!!!

Edited by shepp

One true SF person ive known personally. Only let slip a hint at what he did one time. He would come in to work middle of the shift and say he needed to leave. Sometimes he would be gone for a week and sometimes for months. His job always waited for him. His slip came after a few beers mentioning how un fun it was to lay in your own filth for days at a time. The real guys dont talk about it or show it. Came out shooting with us one time. Put 10rdns in a ragged hole at 300ish and placed his rifle back in a towel in his suburban

One true SF person ive known personally. Only let slip a hint at what he did one time. He would come in to work middle of the shift and say he needed to leave. Sometimes he would be gone for a week and sometimes for months. His job always waited for him. His slip came after a few beers mentioning how un fun it was to lay in your own filth for days at a time. The real guys dont talk about it or show it. Came out shooting with us one time. Put 10rdns in a ragged hole at 300ish and placed his rifle back in a towel in his suburban

Exactly...

Yep, that's 3 years per stripe, saying he's completed 15 honorable years... 

I hate people like that.  Hate 'em.

There's so much $hit wrong with that dude's uniform it's not even funny.

I don't know why I thought each hashmark was 4 years service...gold for honorable service, red for rabble rousers.

Oh...it means both:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_stripe#Criteria

EDIT: Especially when the azzwipe doesn't know what he's doing.  <laughs>

Edited by planeflyer21

Interesting that soldiers are reticent about wartime experiences, but WWII refugees in the European theater, themselves often under fire and and targeted by merchants of 'long pig', group rape, etc. will talk about it, though with tears. The Russians have much to answer for.

Interesting that soldiers are reticent about wartime experiences, but WWII refugees in the European theater, themselves often under fire and and targeted by merchants of 'long pig', group rape, etc. will talk about it, though with tears. The Russians have much to answer for.

I'm sorry, but it took my grandfather to having terminal cancer to relate his story, once. I've been to the VA plenty of times, and didn't hear any stories from those guys about their service. Maybe it's different where you are, but that's not my experience at all

I'm sorry, but it took my grandfather to having terminal cancer to relate his story, once. I've been to the VA plenty of times, and didn't hear any stories from those guys about their service. Maybe it's different where you are, but that's not my experience at all

Agreed

Where the hell did gnat's reply go?!

I had something to say to him about his comment, but I wasn't saying it at that time. It should bave been directly above shepp's reply, right after Greg's.

gnat, you have much to learn. You might be borderline Socially-Ignorant.

Edited by Matt.Cross