• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Core Rifle Systems

StogieC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my rifle back again. Everything looks great except that it came back with the wrong barrel.

IMG_1187.jpg

The Core30 Tac LR is supposed to have an 18" Stainless Match barrel.

The new replacement is a 16" Chromoly barrel. I'm sure it is Chromoly because there is surface rust all the way around the barrel just in front of the gas block.

Just got my rifle back again. Everything looks great except that it came back with the wrong barrel.

The Core30 Tac LR is supposed to have an 18" Stainless Match barrel.

The new replacement is a 16" Chromoly barrel. I'm sure it is Chromoly because there is surface rust all the way around the barrel just in front of the gas block.

do we need to get the florida contingent to ride up there with you (carrying non-core equipment) ?

I spoke to Sam from Core Rifle Systems today. I also got an email from the armorer who worked on the rifle explaining what happened and taking full responsibility for his screw up. To say that they were apologetic would be a huge understatement.

To make a short story shorter... They are sending me a new upper. More importantly, they have vowed that new QC procedures are being implemented to stop these issues in the future. It's obvious that they are committed to becoming a first rate rifle maker but are having some growing pains.

New review and range report coming soon.

More importantly, they have vowed that new QC procedures are being implemented to stop these issues in the future. It's obvious that they are committed to becoming a first rate rifle maker but are having some growing pains.

Uh, yeah I'll take their "vow" when I see it. They've already broken their promises a few times with you...

There are no exceptions. This CORE15 rifle has been manufactured and assembled with painstaking care and precision by proud US Veterans, trained by the best there is.

That is our promise and your assurance.

Edited by FaRKle!

They were more than responsive and it looks like Core really went out of their way to make this right.

The new upper came in today and so far, everything looks really good. I'll be doing a full "first shots" review on my Core30 TAC LR Redux this weekend provided that the weather cooperates for a range session.