• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sally Hanson Hard as Nails Xtreme wear review

beachmaster

This is a bit lighthearted, but after doing a steel plate challenge and having difficulty picking up the front sight post quickly against black plates, I decided that something needed to be done.

Out of all the nail polish that I stole from my wife this was the thickest, and covered the best.

Ill give yall a long term report when I have one.

Take it or leave it, but so far, I am very happy. (And I personally dont believe in owning a battle rifle without zeroed and functional iron sights, so this is very important to me)

NCM_0064_zpsg9medofc.jpg

Edited by beachmaster

Funny. I had a bottle of nail polish in my tool bag for years. I'd use it when calibrating pneumatic controls. You'd dial in a sensor to get it reading properly. Then dab the calibration screw (a tiny little bastard) with some nail polish. That way the screw wouldn't move. Kinda like some fine-tuning loc-tite.

Though you would get some odd looks, when other guys (who didn't know any better) would see it in your tool bag.

I like the idea of sealing the primer pockets. I know you can buy something specifically for that, but nail polish seams like cheap way to go about it. Do you use it for long term storage?

"Long term" depends on how quickly I get around to shooting them. :D Cost wise it's 1/4 the cost and even the sealer bottle looks similar to a nail polish bottle, but I can choose from various colors if I go the cheap route. 

The "sealer" also helps hold the primers in when shuttling around so if you have loose primers they don't fall off before you put them in the mag.

Shib, I think it's safe to say you're gonna lose that thumbnail.  When that happens, get a pic up of that thumb, brother!  <dontknow> <lmao>

Don't know...3 weeks after bopping my thumb with a chunk of aluminum, the thumb/nail still feels numb, but it doesn't look like it's gonna fall off at all. Wonder if I broke something under there.

Edited by shibiwan

Did you do it at the base?? It'll grow out and fall off I was missing one of mine for over a year, smashed it at the base grew out fell off, healed month or to latter smashed it again repeat!!

Good idea somone on here colored their engraving a while back with nail polish too

I did that to my finger once. The pressure was so bad I had to lance the nail. I bled like I been shot in the liver. The instant pain relief was totally worth it.

Yeah, Ive done that more than once. usually use a tiny ass .010 drill until it breaks through. Instant pain relief like you said.

Funny. I had a bottle of nail polish in my tool bag for years. I'd use it when calibrating pneumatic controls. You'd dial in a sensor to get it reading properly. Then dab the calibration screw (a tiny little bastard) with some nail polish. That way the screw wouldn't move. Kinda like some fine-tuning loc-tite.

Though you would get some odd looks, when other guys (who didn't know any better) would see it in your tool bag.

You can also tell if someone screwed with the calibration . I used to catch people all the time (  " well somebody moved it "  ) <laughs> Not me , not me !