• Visit Sportsmans Guide

It's here!

6132expert

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You guys can have all the fat guns... can not shoot them for beans but I am a surgeon with a 1911... so I quit looking for handguns along time ago...... they make some sexy looking stuff now days but I am sticking to the old school ..... glad you got what you like....

You guys can have all the fat guns... can not shoot them for beans but I am a surgeon with a 1911... so I quit looking for handguns along time ago...... they make some sexy looking stuff now days but I am sticking to the old school ..... glad you got what you like....

Hard to argue with 1911's I have two myself, but I am cursed with XXXL hands, most 1911 grips are too small for my hands. A doublestack 45 works very well for me in terms of hand size, though my 1911 Officer is still my CC.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the scaring Im getting and I dont like it.

what about that upsets you? all guns do it to some extent it is a tool tools get nicks and smears and well they get used enjoy Gloria for what she is don't sweat the small stuff.....

• 3 months later...

Seems everyone has "discovered" the FNX 45 as they are getting hard to come by, and stores are adding a substantial "premium" if they have any in stock. Price differential between a Sig Nitron P227 on sale and the FNX 45 is down to $200. As you get night sights with the Sig, and not with the FNX 45, real difference is about $100. Might have to go with the Sig.

Supposedly the P320 .45 uses the P227 magazine (just slightly modified). That'll get you a polymer, striker fired, pistol with 14+1 capacity.

Thought of it, but I do like the hammer. Must be old school or something. Finally found an FNX45 overpriced at Cabela's and the trigger was totally different than the last one I tried. It did not feel very crisp. Going back and look at the Sig on Wednesday, we will see.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the 320 here http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p320-full.aspx

It appears SIG didn't put too much thought into the rear of the frame, with how low that pseudo-beavertail is. Seems like that would put the bore and recoil impulse pretty high.

I never have understood why Sig didn't get that beavertail up, all I can think of is there classic models have a high bore so they didn't want to risk the change. They are late to the party in this respect. I still wouldn't give up my MK25's, high bore or not!

I never have understood why Sig didn't get that beavertail up, all I can think of is there classic models have a high bore so they didn't want to risk the change. They are late to the party in this respect. I still wouldn't give up my MK25's, high bore or not!

They're late to a lot of parties:  high beavertail, polymer frames, striker-fired pistols.

They do well when they show up though.