• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Greetings from AZ

shibiwan

Hi everyone.

After 20 years away from the military, I decided to pick up shooting again, primarily focused on marksmanship/targeting.

Picked up a CMMG Mk3 (new) 18" SST barrel about 4 weeks ago and so far it's been working like clockwork, and I've since put in over 200 rounds with zero jams/FTE/FTF etc. It wasn't completely smooth sailing out of the box though. They had installed an incorrect bolt catch but CMMG quickly remedied the situation by sending me a replacement bolt catch, no questions asked.

I found some problems with ProMag steel mags where the bolt would catch on the plastic follower with the last round in the mag. That was easily resolved by putting in a bead of hot glue on the follower to better seat the last round. Magpul 20LR pmags work flawlessly but are impossible to find these days.

At the range, I'm averaging 0.8"-1" groupings (5 rounds) but that figure goes up and down depending on how "tired" I am. Guess I'll need a lot more practice to get back to my old form.... maybe I'm just getting too old....LOL.

I do own/run a CNC machine shop and it's likely I'll be making parts for it sooner or later....

Here's the baby.

IMG_20130731_200604.jpg

....and the baby now:

IMG_5684.JPG

-S

Edited by shibiwan

Welcome form Indiana brother shibiwan,and THANK YOU for you'r service.

I can't take credit for that because I did not serve in the US military.... but I did have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best US operators back in Desert Storm. Much props!

2nd mortgage.......divorce costs.....local bookie payments.....pawning your car.....willing to whore yourself out..........

Did I miss anything guys?

Welcome to the asylum shibiwan.

Yep... been sinking quite a bit of money in this new pit...

-S

• 2 weeks later...

Phoenix "metro" area -- far southeast valley in Queen Creek. 

Right down the road, in Maricopa, man.  I'm shooting Sunday, if you want to go - weather.com says the high is supposed to be 87, and overcast.

Perfect.  <thumbsup>

Sunday morning (not TOO early) at the CG range.  Shoot me a call tomorrow and we'll figure it out.  Need to re-zero two scopes (removed and remounted the bastages), and I want to shoot the AR45 more.  <thumbsup>

Little woman needs  CRAVES more trigger time on the XDs, too.  :))

Edited by 98Z5V

If it was that easy. We all gotta go where the money is at. Work is booming in the DC area for the last 8 to 12 months. I haven't worked this many weekends in years. And I hate working weekends. The OT isn't worth it for me. But it's just the overall work load, that just seems to never end.

I'll make it out there at some point though.

No worries Tom-ass, I got him. May have convinced Heather to come out next year to visit Mike and Nita, kids under two fly free you know, and I will bring to large crates with air vents, one with a 30 rack and a drooly beast, the other with a knocked out yeti!

Figure I will fly into or out of Phoenix so we can spend at least day with you guys!