Toolndie7

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Malig8r said:

Forgive the lousy lighting and cell phone pic. I don't have a lightbox and all the special photography equipment. I spend that money on guns & ammo related stuff.

Don't sweat it. You are forgiven when you give us a range report. Nice!

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2017 at 11:18 AM, Sisco said:

:thumbup:Really really sweet. Look forward to hearing what it will do on the range. What optics are you thinking of?

IMG_2641_zpsav91d1t8.jpg

5rds  @  125yds

Sorry it took so long to get a decent group pic. Been running a lot of lake city down the pipe to break everything in and work on getting comfortable with this rifle. I got the iron sights zeroed in and then proceeded to mount some glass and play around with some different ammo. I picked up a case of some 1980's  Hirtenberger surplus and wow that stuff shoots great for $.55 a round delivered! Ive yet to put any through the 308ar though.  And of course the best group Ive got was with 168gr FGMM. This was only five rounds at 125yds but Im pleased. This rifle will definitely out shoot me.

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Sisco said:

At the range today. Nothing special for groups, but the rifle looked damn good.

20180627_120648.jpg

HOLY SHIIT-HIGH SCOPES RISERS, BATMAN!!!   You gotta be 3.5" over bore on that thing!

I know you have big paws, from the pics of the FNX in your bear-paws, but you gotta have a giant head, also!...   :embarrassed:

Brother, you might be bigger than Larry, and he's a monster...   :laffs::lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

HOLY SHIIT-HIGH SCOPES RISERS, BATMAN!!!   You gotta be 3.5" over bore on that thing!

I know you have big paws, from the pics of the FNX in your bear-paws, but you gotta have a giant head, also!...   :embarrassed:

Brother, you might be bigger than Larry, and he's a monster...   :laffs::lmao:

About 2.5 inches over bore. Wish I could get it down, but I want to be able to use iron sights as well. This is with low mount scope rings on the Bassett Machine high mount picatinny rail. I think Larry is bigger, at least taller. I am only 6’1”. Hat size 7 3/4, 18 1/2” neck. 40 years of weight lifting, before I had to hang it up. Should have stuck to running, even though I hated it.  Now tough to drop the pounds they just come back.

9 hours ago, Sisco said:

About 2.5 inches over bore. Wish I could get it down, but I want to be able to use iron sights as well. This is with low mount scope rings on the Bassett Machine high mount picatinny rail. I think Larry is bigger, at least taller. I am only 6’1”. Hat size 7 3/4, 18 1/2” neck. 40 years of weight lifting, before I had to hang it up. Should have stuck to running, even though I hated it.  Now tough to drop the pounds they just come back.

You should be able to see with the Irons under the Rail , can you ?

I have lower Rings on the SOCOM then in this Photo with the Bushnell Tactical on it .

DSCN3241.thumb.JPG.f7edc184361a2a3f8dd75d4996d50f7c.JPG

It now sports a Nikon Monarch 2.5x10x42

Yes ,thats a jury rigged temporary Cheek Riser , so you can make fun of it all you guys want .?

DSCN3253.thumb.JPG.e7bd3f806b859fb9330da75d0ce526d1.JPG

4 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

You should be able to see with the Irons under the Rail , can you ?

I have lower Rings on the SOCOM then in this Photo with the Bushnell Tactical on it .

DSCN3241.thumb.JPG.f7edc184361a2a3f8dd75d4996d50f7c.JPG

It now sports a Nikon Monarch 2.5x10x42

Yes ,thats a jury rigged temporary Cheek Riser , so you can make fun of it all you guys want .?

DSCN3253.thumb.JPG.e7bd3f806b859fb9330da75d0ce526d1.JPG

Yes I can and it shoots great with the iron sights. Sometimes I wonder why I have the scope, except I have 69 3/4 year old eyes.

6 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Yes I can and it shoots great with the iron sights. Sometimes I wonder why I have the scope, except I have 69 3/4 year old eyes.

I know what you mean , , mine are a little younger at 66 . I have a Scope on just to set up hand loads & test upgrades . Its coming off when I'm done .

Edited by survivalshop

9 hours ago, Sisco said:

With the photographic proof you've exhibited of the size of your bear paws, I kinda figured you were another Andre The Giant...  :banana:

12 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

I know what you mean , , mine are a little younger at 66 . I have a Scope on just to set up hand loads & test upgrades . Its coming off when I'm done .

Speaking of, I was shooting at 185 yards today, and dialed in my go to load- 168 gr SMK pushed by 24 grains of RL15. After that I dug out some Mk319 Mod 0 OTM I had been hoarding and tried it. It shot 12 inches lower at 185 yards, and not nearly as tight a group. To be expected I suppose. Also didn’t feed real well.

21 hours ago, Sisco said:

Nice! Look forward to the finished product.

The plan is each one will be a different variant.

This one might interest you, one of the seedlings is destined to grow an become an Israeli M14 sniper rifle.  At this point I have everything now(including the ugly stock) but the  scope  and of course time.

The pictures show how the Israeli's dealt with getting a good cheek weld. It ain't pretty but it works.

61_2017-07-16_dsc_2116.jpg

DSCF2719-1.jpg