• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello

RedRiverII

Welcome from GA. We just had another new member join from NJ last month. Glad to see some of you guys are pro gun! Congrats on the Sig. If their rifles are as smooth as their pistols, you are in for a treat.

Edited by 912dawg

912dawg,  there are plenty of Americans up here,  we just don't control the media.  Whether it be hunting, competition,  or self defense there are many folks who enjoy and depend on firearms.  Personally I prefer the attitude toward firearms in the South and out West,  up here it's more hush hush,  unless of course we're at a range, or in the field.

I bought the 716,  but before I could take it home some modifications had to be done.  Flash hider removed and pinned with a comp,  stock had to be pinned and made non adjustable,  and I just stand there in front of my LGS with that dopey vacant look in my eyes wondering what the heck are these mods for.  So when I move South I've got some more mods to undo the mods done.  Go figure.  That's one reason I didn't go for the scar,  replacing a 150 dollar stock in a couple of months.  Thanks for the chance to think Dawg and the Welcome.

Thanks for the Welcomes folks.

• 4 years later...

Dang,  4 yrs and 2 mos.  later...  Update,  I've been in Fla. four years now and the 308 bug has bitten me once again.  Not to mention the HK flu going around.  Or Colt SAA,  or S&W WWII revolvers,  let's don't remember sporting clays,  buying ammo on sale for guns I don't own yet.  Or bidding on parts for rifles I can't afford.  The AR wrench that has a beer bottle opener I couldn't resist for 80 ballloons.  I don't drink and haven't built a rifle for that matter. Two,  no three shotgun shell reloaders,  2 MECs and a Lee.  Primers and powder that are kept separate.  Yes,  they too separated me from my money.  6.8 spc you say hmmm,  900 once fired cases,  hmm they are sitting here somewhere.  PSA 308 lower,  latest addition to the garage emporium of great stuff,  stacked right next to the pile of best intentions.  Looking on the internet for the scope that fits best the 308 profile,  oh shoot I forgot to get an upper.  I got the fever and it's burning me up.

It got to the point that even this gatherer has got to focus.  So I'm back to pick up some info and make new friends.  I'm focused on 45 pistols and 5.56 & 7.62 rifles.  I did recently buy the PSA lower and will get an upper soon.  Just rejoined the Port Malabar range and will get up there as soon as my credentials get in.  Just funning in the intro,  although all truth was told,  I'm happier when busy with this hobby.  I'll be asking new questions shortly,  just wanted to reintroduce myself.