• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

X-Caliber Barrel & MFG, Anyone know about these?

jtallen83

That's a good price , as long as the Barrel lives up to expectations . We are talking about a .308 ?

Yep, they charge the same for "AR 10"  and AR 15 barrels, just $10 more for the extension on a 308AR.

I still haven't asked if they mean an actual AR 10 or if it will be a DPMS based extension.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a pic of a 2.7" group @ 1000yds on their Facebook page. That's either a damn fine barrel, or cali Ed is a customer of theirs.

Let the jokers hate - I saw what you did there.  <thumbsup>

The Criterion 18.5 MW SS 1:10 twist barrel is a fuckin great barrel, too - SS, you will love it.  Double <thumbsup> <thumbsup>

One of these days, one of these companies will make a damn 14.5" match barrel for a .308AR, and not laugh at it, based on the length.  Noveske did it.  Well.  Noveske also did a 12.5" barrel for the .308AR, which is a badass barrel.  The Leonidas barrel.  Some companies will get it, one day.  One day. Let's make this $hit hppen already. 

^^^ When a company decides to do that, I'm in for both those barrels, right up front.  14.5" .308 and 12.5" .308.  I just ordered a .338 Federal 14.5" barrel today.  The weird $hit is king, right now. 

.308AR-based rifles are the future.  All configurations.  <dontknow> <thumbsup>

6.5CM is getting more and more popular. We're likely to see more manufacturers producing it. I've even heard of some shooters competing with AMax rounds. Luckily it shot real well out of their barrels. One of the hosts of the precision rifle podcast runs a 6.5cm bolt gun with a x-caliber barrel.

I think im caving to peer pressure....looking in on level 2 of the bunker I found a .556 for prairie dog hunting...that was gonna be used by me and my buddy bout 10 years ago....never did go...hmmmm got everything for a new build for a new caliber....hmmm

:) Wash

Ordered the X-Caliber barrel this afternoon. Dealt with Rob, he told me it would be in production tomorrow morning and should ship before the end of the week. 308 Win., 416R bead blasted stainless, 16 inch medium contour, .750 at the gas block, rifle length gas system, 11 degree target crown, with a LR-308 pattern extension. Price with shipping was $245. They didn't know the source of the bolt they are using for headspace but said they have not heard back from anyone with headspace issues. 

Another box checked in my first 308AR build, next up, BCG...........any suggestions let'em fly!

^^^ YUP!!!  Exactly what I was going to link in here, for the BCG.

I cancelled my barrel order for the .338 Fed barrel, for where I was going to get it from.  I wasn't super-excited about the manufacture of it.  i called Dustin at X-Caliber today, and went through the details of what I wanted - he said no problem.  I'd have a wait of 6~8 weeks on it.  I asked if I could send a bolt to be headspaced to the barrel build, and again, no problem.  Next week I'll pick up a DWilsonMfg complete BCG, and sent the stripped bolt out to X-Caliber.