• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Why Glock Pistols Suck!

98Z5V

I love this video - I really do.  <thumbsup>

I'm not a Glock fanboy, by ANY means.  I bash them more than anything else, but that's because I could never get used to that first round, with the trigger safety.  I don't like it, and that's me.  However, I do respect those pistols.  That damn video is great!

I thought that was not only boring , but I find it just amazing someone gets to shoot 2000 rds. in a month ,in one caliber . I don't know this individual , but find him hard to believe . 350 K & he never changed a spring ? 

Can't say for that.  All the comp shooters I know switch their Glock recoil springs out after 1,500 rounds or so.

Now...for my Springfield XD9, the dude I got it from freely admitted it was all original and he had no idea how many rounds were through it.  Between myself and students there are probably another 25,000-30,000 through it (the most shot besides .22s).  I've been thinking about overhauling it but only to give some TLC, not 'cause it needs it.

I would like to buy this man a beer.  I don't know this man either, but just from his love of Glocks, I bet he likes big boobs, fast cars, Eugene Stoner, and Scotch.......oh and The United States of America....and Freedom......and Apple Pie...... and all kinds of other manly $hit. 

Edited by StainTrain

Can't say for that.  All the comp shooters I know switch their Glock recoil springs out after 1,500 rounds or so.

Now...for my Springfield XD9, the dude I got it from freely admitted it was all original and he had no idea how many rounds were through it.  Between myself and students there are probably another 25,000-30,000 through it (the most shot besides .22s).  I've been thinking about overhauling it but only to give some TLC, not 'cause it needs it.

Thats a little less then he was talking about . <laughs>

I am pretty sure (not 100%) that Glock 22s were only framed on the Gen 2 and the all the ones after.

well I'm still pulling the trigger since 98 but was sold as is haha! I'd have to save up for the chalange !! Don't count me out.

• 1 month later...

1911's now that is team America   where are Glocks built?????????

Austria, but both my 1911's were made in the Phillipines, the Springfield XD is made in Croatia, and my Sig Sauer is made in New Hampshire, and my new FNH is made in South Carolina. The name on the weapon doen't tell you much any more about where it's made. Glocks are a fine pistol, I just don't like striker fired pistols. But there are reasons all those law enforcement people carry them. Two of the most reliable pistols I ever had were made by Astra in Spain. They were blatant imitations of Sig Sauers, but priced about $275 each back in the 80's. They actually beat Sig Sauer to the punch with a double stack compact 45 acp back then. It held 10 rounds and still shoots very well for the first magazine. Then it's flaws came out. The barrel is too thin, it heats up and its groups widened out. I had a 9mm with the exact same slide but a thicker barrel to fill in the space, and it didn't suffer from that problem. Thats what I could afford back then. Sold them since.

Edited by Sisco

They are made in both places.

My kid bought a G23 earlier this year that has USA stamped in it, all of mine have Austria.

The finish on the USA models is different too, they where not allowed to continue their tennifer process in the US due to EPA restrictions.

Word over at GlockTalk is they are positioning themselves to avoid the potential of US import tariffs that would greatly affect their largest market.

Ok all you nit pickers.... 1911 invented by John M Browning in 1910 a American and originally made in America

Glock invented in Austria by Gaston Glock in 1986 and originally made there  my point was that a 1911 ia a true American gun a Glock will never be... they are a very fine pistol i am not bashing them but I hate the grip they are fat and just do not suit me your mileage may vary ... I have a original colt ace and 2 kimbers all made in the USA. I have a ruger 270 and all my other Guns and parts are made in USA, I was made in the USA and I drive a Ford!

Ok all you nit pickers.... 1911 invented by John M Browning in 1910 a American and originally made in America

Glock invented in Austria by Gaston Glock in 1986 and originally made there  my point was that a 1911 ia a true American gun a Glock will never be... they are a very fine pistol i am not bashing them but I hate the grip they are fat and just do not suit me your mileage may vary ... I have a original colt ace and 2 kimbers all made in the USA. I have a ruger 270 and all my other Guns and parts are made in USA, I was made in the USA and I drive a Ford!

Amen brother Magwa!  Where's that flag waving smiley?