8-19-2015 Forum Upgrade Help and How To

imschur

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some of that is not the function of the forum but a server thing. 2mb is typical. That said there is a pretty easy way around that from the main site. Ask again when the dust settles because with have a few good things going on or planned. Do you have my email address?

Would it be possible for me to upload a group of larger size files to several theads . like 4mb up to 7mb.
Manuals and reloading books.

I am also all cell phone on my usage. Previously there was a nice button at the bottom "full version" and it viewed and ran like the desktop instead of the mobile version. Is there still a way to do that?  

I hate change....I think I have a condition....it really does screw with me.  

Me too - I pretty pissed off that my warnings haven't migrated.  For the record, I've got 10,606.890 warnings.  Most of those are from dealing with complete shiitheads, giving them the business, and are warranted.  7 of them are from me just losing my shiit for no reason. 

Me too - I pretty pissed off that my warnings haven't migrated.  For the record, I've got 10,606.890 warnings.  Most of those are from dealing with complete shiitheads, giving them the business, and are warranted.  7 of them are from me just losing my shiit for no reason. 

Well, I'm comparatively new around here compared to yourself, but I tried to tally up your stuff and I only found 6 that were just you losing your poop.  What the fluck did I miss?

Damn I hate change..................Har!

Warnings, that was unexpected. Maybe we can fix that. Mine are gone too. Desktop button...yes I think that was a setting, Im sure thats fixable. Speed....others experiencing that as well?

Tom your reasons for going off are always valid. Just ask the little voices in your head. Did you really have that many warnings? You do know that after warning 10,606.891 we switch to the selfie system. What is the  selfie system? Glad you asked. When your bad I will text you nude selfies from my neck to my knees. I don't manscape.

I am also all cell phone on my usage. Previously there was a nice button at the bottom "full version" and it viewed and ran like the desktop instead of the mobile version. Is there still a way to do that?  

What I really miss is the turkey turd tan background color

Edited by mrmackc
color

What I really miss is the turkey turd tan background color

Colors wont change for a while. The forum software is too new and was not such a smooth release. Make no mistake, the person helping me "Jason" is invaluable. To give you all an idea how rocky this release was give this a read. That is the group who created the turkey turd theme. They began the upgrade process long before us and they are still not back.

I had some slow loads this morning but I think it was my wifi got outta the house and logged in and it's much more better. I liked the old mobile version minus not getting people signatures and what not, also with the old mobile version you didn't seen sight sponsor links now I do. Took me a min to adjust this morning but it's growing on me quick

Is there no way now to find the list previously entitled "My Content", or us that now simply "Content", or "My Activity"?  I'm just looking for a way to find new replies to threads I started or was following.  Thanks

I think the previous theme created that "My Content" behavior. We will look into it though.

I too am 100% mobile use for this forum. I miss the ability to jump from section to section by hitting the links either at the top or bottom of the page instead of having to scroll back up to the top and then click the link to the same section and then click again to get to the other section options.

I also miss the option of marking multiple sections as "read" with one click. Yes it's true, there are some threads the lose my interest after a while.

It use to take me right to the last post I read in any given topic...I've been using the "activity stream" button and it is taking men to page 1. Am I using it wrong?

Also looks like the uploaded photos are gone, but the file names still show up in My Uploads. The linked pics seem to be there.  

It use to take me right to the last post I read in any given topic...I've been using the "activity stream" button and it is taking men to page 1. Am I using it wrong?

Also looks like the uploaded photos are gone, but the file names still show up in My Uploads. The linked pics seem to be there.  

I think that's due to the upgrade, I've seen that happen on a few forums after an up grade

Unfortunately I have ZERO experience with the mobile them but that theme was the default for the forum and not custom. So we are at the current defaults. We will need to look and see what options are available.

The software creators are currently getting pummeled for the release. I expect just as we get used to stuff it will change with updates.  We have learned too that sometimes things are hiding in plain site by clicking arrows and such. Its almost like a puzzle.

The colors will stay for a while. No choice. Actually theres science behind it. Look at Facebook, Twitter, Wlmart and many big sites. Blue and white rules. We will tweak stuff but not too much until the software matures more.

Pictures sounds like a setting

Ill add this all to the list. Thanks guys