• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

8-19-2015 Forum Upgrade Help and How To

imschur

It use to take me right to the last post I read in any given topic...I've been using the "activity stream" button and it is taking men to page 1. Am I using it wrong?

Also looks like the uploaded photos are gone, but the file names still show up in My Uploads. The linked pics seem to be there.  

Can you please explain in more detail. Im also not sure what you mean by "it"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry. My normal browsing habit from my phone (about 99% of my usage) was to open the site and click on the new topics button. It gave me a list of the topics that were posted in recently. When I clicked the topic title I wanted to see, it brought me right to the last post I read and I could start reading from that point. Worked in the standard and the mobile site. Now, when I open a Topix it starts me at page one. Can't see any settings on my side that might influence this.

The Activity Stream is under "More" in the upper right hand corner, at least it is on my laptop.  I don't know where it is on a phone.  I kind of like the white and blue - high school and college colors.  I do miss the "take me to the first unread post" however.  That was convenient.

Tom your reasons for going off are always valid. Just ask the little voices in your head. Did you really have that many warnings? You do know that after warning 10,606.891 we switch to the selfie system. What is the  selfie system? Glad you asked. When your bad I will text you nude selfies from my neck to my knees. I don't manscape.

I really did - thanks to Rob...  LMFAO...  I've been watching my step, because I knew the next one could be the last one...    I don't know if I'm scared of the "selfie system," or slightly aroused...  :)

I love Matt's announcement, too...   "Ladies and Gentlemen (and Tom), ..."

On the old board, I would hit NEW TOPICS and it would show me the topics that had been active. The topic title would only show up as one entry regardless how many posts had been made to it. The new ACTIVITY STREAM feature shows all new posts made. I clicked today and the whole first page of ACTIVITY STREAM  was posts made to the same topic. Pretty annoying. Any way to set it to show topics instead of posts?

Im in the boat with blue !

ok i went back up and read some how to from wash and found the filter section that worked but when done with the topic/ thread i have to go back to home and find the list of unread list again?  Usta have a back button that takes you to the top of the list?

Edited by sketch

Interesting observation. For the record, this was from mobile version. 

Yesterday, I typed up a reply to a thread and then hit the back arrow and went back to the main forum without posting. I do that a lot. Type out a response and then decide it isn't worth posting. (Yeah I know...with what most of my posts look like....imagine the garbage you don't see). Anyways, I posted throughout the last day and a half in a couple different threads. I just wound up back in the thread I had typed up a reply in. I saw something I wanted to reply to so I hit the reply box....up popped my previously typed up post that I walked away from. Still there, waiting for me to hit submit. Looks like the forum will save your draft should you need to go take a break. 

Signatures can be disabled per topic. I did that on this one. If they arent visible elsewhere that is unintentional.

Caching of the old site would definitely mess with your initial experience.

I haven't seen any of the old signatures, mine nor anyone else's ...gone but not forgotten....

Next: I posted some images from my desktop computer and they looked ok, but when I pulled up the site and my posting on my Kindle Fire tablet, there were no images just a long shallow box with a small logo in it where the images are on. Do I need to post the images differently than selecting a file from my desktop MY PICTURES folders?

Edited by mrmackc

I haven't seen any of the old signatures, mine nor anyone else's ...gone but not forgotten....

Next: I posted some images from my desktop computer and they looked ok, but when I pulled up the site and my posting on my Kindle Fire tablet, there were no images just a long shallow box with a small logo in it where the images are on. Do I need to post the images differently than selecting a file from my desktop MY PICTURES folders?

are you talking in the grilling section? I can see your pictures

I got nogo when i clicked his link in grilling on my phone?

kida same thing i got in my own post in toms slipknot page, when i tried to post up a youtube vid of the elders yesterday ? Seems to work after i tried again today?

Edited by sketch

I got nogo when i clicked his link in grilling on my phone?

kida same thing i got in my own post in toms slipknot page, when i tried to post up a youtube vid of the elders yesterday ? Seems to work after i tried again today?

when I do links on mobile I gotta click the insert other media tab, your first link I had to copy and paste the second one works