• Visit Sportsmans Guide

.260 Remington AR

ARTrooper

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, beantown said:

Wonder if that shipping date is actually , up to date , at this time . 

Also wonder what that set up weighs ( compared to the Areo set up ), unless that is not a concern for you .

Ok, so my computer has been having issues quoting lately on the forum... so I give up on that. lol.

Thanks for the link survivalshop.

As far as my build, I actually don't worry about weight to much, I carried an m249 in Afghanistan for 8 months with 1200 rounds. That gun is 16.41 pounds with no optic, laser, grip, tac light, or rounds. I fully expect my gun to be heavier than an m4 or hunting rifle, but I just want the weight in the right areas. Heavier in the buttstock end means I can have a longer bull barrel and still have a good balance as far over the magwell as possible. And balance is more important to me than weight.

But what is most important is the weight of my wallet, which is pretty light and will probably mean a heavier gun. :lmao:

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2016 at 4:31 PM, ARTrooper said:

What service? They give me guns to play with... I thought they just thought it was my birthday everyday.:lmao:

That was my sentiment, all the time.  I got to spend ALOT of time doing schit at work, that adrenaline junkies PAY ALOT OF MONEY TO GO DO!!!...   And it was my job...  :laffs:

yeah, one day at the range I put 17k rounds through my m4, had to clean it a few times that day. lol. Shot so much my barrel ended up so bent that I could practical curve my bullets to shoot around corners! haha. now that I have to buy all my own ammo, besides the 4 times a year my agency supplies ammo at the range, I cringe at the cost of just 17 rounds. haha.

• 2 months later...

Update:

Buttstock assembly.jpg

It has been slow going with finances, but a few parts at a time. Got the buttstock assembly done. Ordered a Magpul grip at the same time... no clue where that is. lol.

Absolutely love this stock though. A bit of weight to it, but I figure that will help balance out the rifle.

On 11/19/2016 at 5:17 PM, ARTrooper said:

yeah, one day at the range I put 17k rounds through my m4, had to clean it a few times that day. lol. Shot so much my barrel ended up so bent that I could practical curve my bullets to shoot around corners! haha. now that I have to buy all my own ammo, besides the 4 times a year my agency supplies ammo at the range, I cringe at the cost of just 17 rounds. haha.

17k!?? Thats amazballz! Wheres the vid?! K= thousand. ?

On 11/19/2016 at 7:17 PM, ARTrooper said:

yeah, one day at the range I put 17k rounds through my m4, had to clean it a few times that day. lol.

We did a few days at the range like that. Never counted the rounds but my fingers were raw from loading magazines and that was with 10 round stripper clips. The powder residue would get in my eyes from  the sweat and burn like CS. Some days you would throw grenades till they were barely clearing the pit. Those bastards found ways to make even the most enjoyable part of training physically miserable.

lol. exactly jtallen. after a few hours of training you don't even aim anymore.... and sometimes fire from the hip just to see how well it goes. wish I would of pocketed rounds instead of wasting so much money.

I also have a similar story with grenades. in Afghanistan in 2011 they sent out a memorandum saying that any grenade wrapped with rubber bands had to be destroyed, so we went to the range with crates. through so many we got tired. eventually we just had one person pulling pins while another threw them as fast as they could.

Got to love the military, yet we can't afford ammo in the civilian sector.

I have added the parts to my wish list and I have signed up to get notified when they get back in stock. Idk what more I can do. I have looked on other websites and local gun stores. now Aero is making this charcoal builders kit for February, which looks cool, but don't you think they would work on getting their other things back in stock first.

Oh and the upper and lower I do want is in FDE. right now the upper is in stock, but plan on buying a house within the next 4 months, so I'm afraid that if I buy a few parts I can't put together, I might loose something. lol. If I get the lower, I can put everything I have together.

34 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

I have added the parts to my wish list and I have signed up to get notified when they get back in stock. Idk what more I can do. I have looked on other websites and local gun stores. now Aero is making this charcoal builders kit for February, which looks cool, but don't you think they would work on getting their other things back in stock first.

Oh and the upper and lower I do want is in FDE. right now the upper is in stock, but plan on buying a house within the next 4 months, so I'm afraid that if I buy a few parts I can't put together, I might loose something. lol. If I get the lower, I can put everything I have together.

You can keep them at my house ;)

• 1 year later...