• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Almost Done Building 308 AR

mjh_23

Hello All,

Name is Mike and I'm down to getting Buffer Kit and stock.  With that, my 308 with 22" barrel, will be ready to fire.  This will be my first build and I am still learning a LOT.  I am really happy to have found this site so that I can gain more knowledge.  With that I am trying to find a carbine buffer kit with a nickel boron 6 position tube.  I got nickel boron sprinkled throughout build and thought this would be a tasteful piece.  I'm going to try the Luth-AR MBA-3 stock.

Any one know where to get one and what are best parts for remainder of kit? 

Carbine Buffer tube (prefer nickel boron)

Carbine Buffer

Buffer Spring

End Plate

Lock Nut

Thanks and I look forward to being part of the community.

Mike

Start a tech topic

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Welcome from Indiana brother Mike. For extension tube, buffer and spring you can't go wrong with Armalite. Just sayin. Not Nickel boron, but damn good parts.

This, right here, especially for a 308 build.  Cerakote is always there for the color matching.

10 hours ago, washguy said:

Rss   please please dont go hydraulic shock on us ....just get what effin works   lol..... save the money for what works...a freakin spring and a freakin buffer

Geeeez      smiley killing himself emoticon      Wash

Hey Wash,

LOL...

Its not hydraulic, normal buffer for the most part, just has an ext to prevent tilt, but check it out, lots of guys seem to dig it.

Half the price of the JP too.

Got my Tubbs spring, thx, pretty cool!

-RRS

Rss you said  

"Its not hydraulic, normal buffer for the most part, just has an ext to prevent tilt, but check it out, lots of guys seem to dig it.

Half the price of the JP too."

Lots of guys dig it?  who does? where at?   I think only one person tried it here and had problems...If i remember correctly you are building your 308 for the first time...correct?  You need to stick with what works first and get your rifle broken in...then if you wanna get some oddball pieces be my guest....now you have another person thats trying to build a 308 for the first time following your recommendation

MJH     just please use what works for all...get a freakin spring and buffer......silent capture for what rattle? none of my 308's rattle I challenge you to make any of mine rattle  take that money and either set it on fire or go buy a nice dinner....better yet buy a spring and buffer       Wash

27 minutes ago, washguy said:

Rss you said  

"Its not hydraulic, normal buffer for the most part, just has an ext to prevent tilt, but check it out, lots of guys seem to dig it.

Half the price of the JP too."

Lots of guys dig it?  who does? where at?   I think only one person tried it here and had problems...If i remember correctly you are building your 308 for the first time...correct?  You need to stick with what works first and get your rifle broken in...then if you wanna get some oddball pieces be my guest....now you have another person thats trying to build a 308 for the first time following your recommendation

MJH     just please use what works for all...get a freakin spring and buffer......silent capture for what rattle? none of my 308's rattle I challenge you to make any of mine rattle  take that money and either set it on fire or go buy a nice dinner....better yet buy a spring and buffer       Wash

I've got to agree with this, if your green and have zero experience with a product, why would you reccomend it to someone, let alone another rookie? Especially something out side the norm

• 5 weeks later...