• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Springfield Armory gets into the AR market

The run about a grand, and have mid length gas right?

I mean, another budget AR from a company paying attention to the details could never be a bad thing, even if it isn't really "new".

With that being said, I got emails from about 25 different places that just said "Springfield Saint" with some chick with a giant rack lathered up in baby oil, and never even knew what it was all about. I started just deleting any email that had Springfield in the name because they were all the same.

To see that all the commotion was about an AR that was maybe a little more refined, but still another AR was... idk, a let down?

Its just eh

I really liked it, the furniture is pretty nice. My wife's best friend is looking at buying one right after Christmas and asked me what I thought of it. She said it was pretty much set up just like she liked. I told her it would be great with a nice 1-4 scope and she told me "I like the iron sights, that's what I learned to shoot with!" Her dad used to do a lot of long range rifle shooting back in the day and I guess he raised that girl right!

Would prefer they put their creative efforts towards a 308 AR. Or maybe something taking from both the 308AR and the M1A? I really don't know if there is much compatibility there, but it might be kind of interesting to develop. Wonder how a direct gas impingement M1A hybrid would shoot?

1 hour ago, 392heminut said:

I can understand them doing an AR-15 first, there's a lot bigger market for them than a 308 AR. If their AR-15 is successful I wouldn't be surprised to see them come out with a 308 AR somewhere down the road.

I doubt it.  They have a tight grip market on the M14 replica market.

All they'd have to do is come out with a M1A Loaded with bayonet lug and all the mil-spec accoutrements (like that wing-nut attached muzzle brake, grenade sight, an E-2 stocked version) and they'd sell 10 million more.

On 12/15/2016 at 8:51 PM, planeflyer21 said:

I doubt it.  They have a tight grip market on the M14 replica market.

All they'd have to do is come out with a M1A Loaded with bayonet lug and all the mil-spec accoutrements (like that wing-nut attached muzzle brake, grenade sight, an E-2 stocked version) and they'd sell 10 million more.

I hope you're right. After years of work designing, measuring, testing, building a business model, etc., a friend is going to begin mil-spec production of real M14 receivers (a la TRW). Probably black nitrided finish. I'll get one for sure.

2 minutes ago, mineralman55 said:

I hope you're right. After years of work designing, measuring, testing, building a business model, etc., a friend is going to begin mil-spec production of real M14 receivers (a la TRW). Probably black nitrided finish. I'll get one for sure.

Keep me posted about those. :thumbup:

Imagine, building a rifle in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts the they can't sell to the citizens of the state?

Our idiot AG, Maura Healy decided to call our ARs illegal. Another wasted of breath and taxpayer dollars and to top it off the NSSF -not the useless NRA is taking her to court over it.