• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

California B.S.

The retarded "Bullet Button" is now dead, which has forced evolution to the new Gen 2, v2.0 system.... whateverthefuck that's going to be. 

Listed below are options other than registering (which is a horrible idea) or trying to build a ridiculous "featureless" design. Instead these here are the new "magazine lock" options.

Currently available options are:

1. Prince "Patriot Button" - which is a semi permanent placement of a lock requiring the opening of the receiver. They also want $60 for the new part.... screw them in the neck!

2. AR Mag Lock - no one but me sees that this design doesn't meet the new definition of the mag lock... jeezus! I only read and interpret CA law everyfuckinday!!!! These jack-holes also want $50

3. Battle Arms Development - HolyFuckinShit these guys are at it again!! No prices quoted, but likely the simplest and easiest design yet... also the easiest to replicate and DIY. Looking forward to learning more.... I think a call to Roger is in order. He's not with them anymore, but they're all still buddies from what I remember. 

4. Bastiani Arms Mod1 Mag Release - if anyone can get me anything about this video... other than the broken news video that won't play... I'd love to learn more. Not sure how it works yet, but they're promising a $10 price point. 

5. ???

Stay tuned for more... I'll update this as I get more info. The retarded law makers have forced evolution and the *new* magazine locks are faster to reload than the old versions. 

The Training Counselor I got my certifications from was former LE, then working for the city of Tucson as an arborist.  He retired from that and now works as a court magistrate for Marana.

He says it is the highest paying job with the best bennies he's ever had.

They need a couple of more, Robo.

1 minute ago, Robocop1051 said:

I can never get the video to play.... just constant loading screen. 

Thats weird it worked the first time i serched but now i get the load screen. I found the link from the facebook sight?  Maby mike d will have better luck. :lmao:

1 hour ago, Robocop1051 said:

4. Bastiani Arms Mod1 Mag Release - if anyone can get me anything about this video... other than the broken news video that won't play... I'd love to learn more. Not sure how it works yet, but they're promising a $10 price point. 

I expect you saw the description:

It's probably time to let the cat out of the bag on our latest project. For the last few weeks, Mike Schroeder (owner of The Cartridge family) and I have been in secret development of an internal magazine lock of AR platform rifles. We decided that it had to be simple, attractive, easy to install, universal, and above all else, inexpensive. We did it. We hope that you agree.

From our perspective, as far as making your AR compliant, we don't have a choice in the matter. We either have to make an AR compliant, OR register it as an assault weapon. Obviously, that creates a bonanza for manufacturers of compliance devices, and puts consumers at the mercy of those designers. WE disagree. We would rather make money on something people WANT, not something they are (basically) forced to buy. So that's what we did.

We managed to sneak a clever design under the radar so to speak. We are now patent pending on a single drop in part that replaces your bolt latch. When the rifle is closed, the magazine latch is restrained. When the upper is hinged open, the magazine release moves freely. The only thing yet undecided is available finishes, but we managed to keep the consumer cost to TEN dollars.

March first will be the seventh anniversary of Bastiani Arms. My plan is to make that date the official release date of our lock design. If this whole idea sounds cool, please share this post and/or come in and check out what we're talking about. Test batches are being run right now at two local fabricators. One is using laser, the other is creating samples with laser and water jet.
It's pretty slick......we think. We hope you like it as much as we do

From their Facebook - sounds like a device that go's in place of the bolt catch and locks the mag release when the upper and lower are closed and the firearm can operate

Damn, sketch beat me to it! - good find!

Edited by guruofhotrod

That's only a good piece of info to people who are already against these idiotic restrictions.

The people behind these idiotic restrictions will actually consider that another plus. One more safety feature they didn't even consider. Another round of Cognac and cigars for their foresight.

47 minutes ago, blue109 said:

That's only a good piece of info to people who are already against these idiotic restrictions.

The people behind these idiotic restrictions will actually consider that another plus. One more safety feature they didn't even consider. Another round of Kale smoothies and boca burgers for their foresight.

FIFY

Kinda like this and a nice FU from Jesse James. Although it comes with the JJFU price tag

Next up, the Califas Nomad – a AR-15 receiver based rifle with a wood Remington 870 styled stock in place of the typical grip and stock combo found on traditional MSRs. The rifle utilizes an ambidextrous side-charging system, an angled mag well and a lightweight rail. The buffer and spring system is buried within the buttstock and seems to function smoothly.

JJFU lists the Califa Nomad as being “pretty much legal” in ban states such as CA, NY, MA and CT.

I have to admit, this build has my attention. But at an estimated $3,500 price point, I’m going to have to sit this dance out.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/01/19/jesse-james-stalin12-shot-2017/amp/

Edited by shepp

Ares Defense is defunct and now goes by the name "Fight Light". They still however make the SCR lower receiver, which is modeled after a Remington 1100. 

From what I was able to find out, JJ may have licensed out the SCR receiver to make his own concept. 

I have a similar concept in mind, with a slightly different take on the magazine release... and hopefully be Magpul SGA compatible. I had very brief talks with Elftmann to take a look at the trigger system. They said they'd be interested at looking into this further..... who knows!?!