• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sketch's Special Auction

sketch

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worse than HOA fees are the little old bitties that wander around and make sure you're following the rules. Had friends in a neighborhood that were getting fines for not coiling the garden hose the right way...and not putting their BBQ back in the garage at night. If it was in your backyard and a neighbor could see it from their second story....they'd call it in and you'd pay a fine. HOA came up with lots of nifty ways to generate funds. 

Edited by DNP

12 minutes ago, DNP said:

Worse than HOA fees are the little old bitties that wander around and make sure you're following the rules. Had friends in a neighborhood that were getting fines for not coiling the garden hose the right way...and not putting their BBQ back in the garage at night. If it was in your backyard and a neighbor could see it from their second story....they'd call it in and you'd pay a fine. HOA came up with lots of nifty ways to generate funds. 

I'd never beable to live in somthing like that everyone would be getting told to fuck off

Hoa is an odd way to live in my book, but its good  for those that choose to?  The vets wife was ceo for several years and did good work for the comunity. Until the city wanted to take over the beach front and not warrent any up keep for the association... long story short they had several meeting on the matter untill the vets wife couldent handle the stupidity and daily arguments, eventually leading to a mild hart attack in a meeting! They have sinced moved to a better "commune" i call it. And all the desent couples moved on! 

7 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

HOAs sound like small groups of busybodies who need their kneecaps very pointedly smashed.

Some are like that , you read about some that are worse then that , but in most of them , the HOA is just there to keep the hood from looking like dump . The houses here in my HOA sell at the top of their appraisals & most sell with in 30 days of being put on the market , because of the rules that are agreed upon when purchasing a house here . 

99% of the 154 home owners here have no problem following the rules , its actually to our benefit & you are neighbors , must never forget that . I like keeping my house & property  nice , I know my investment we keep value . I still would like not to be involved , but my neighbors on my street talked me into it when I retired , they think I will keep some sanity on the Board , I hope my input has & I will be happy when I move to a non HOA house .

8 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

HOAs sound like small groups of busybodies who need their kneecaps very pointedly smashed.

Oh they're some class A-1 assholeians.

I got a "remove immediately" notice for my 3 pallets of deep .50 ammo boxes in the carport (almost 900 of them), which was my introduction to having moved into wifey's 'hood.  They then placed a "This vehicle will be towed at your expense," sticker on my registered and daily driven '76 K10, that was parked off the street and sidewalk, 100% in our yard (threatened to sue them over that one, issue done).

But the first real kick in the teeth?  Finding out that, despite being current on dues and playing the game by their rules, others in the 'hood had accumulated over $80,000 in back dues.  WTFyoustupidmismanagingmuthafuckers?!?!?!  You are honestly going to bitch about ONEFUCKINWEED in the yard, when people owe thousands of dollars?!

Get those good for nothings out pulling everyone else's weeds, painting houses, cleaning windows!!

Then, because it is a "private community (open to the public)," we get to pay for stuff like roads.  So our extra $1500 "special assessment" gets paid for new roads in August, wait...September, better make that October.  Go to the board meeting, "Where are the streets we paid to get?"

"Oh, well some people are on a payment plan because they can't afford the $1500."

Come April of last year (2016), they finally pave the roads.  After BORROWING the money to get the total amount of funds.

Now they are totally replastering the neighborhood pool.  Over a month for that so far.

Oh, and the new roads are being sawn up so some cable provider can replace fittings.

:soap:

3 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

Oh they're some class A-1 assholeians

I take offense to that , putting everyone in the same barrel of apples is wrong !   If you don't like them , get together & vote them out & someone else in ! 

Our Meetings have an average of two Home owners at them , you have to get involved if you want change .

3 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

We would have put a lien on the house , per rules , long before that . It hurts all the home owners in the HOA & you have seen it in the Streets there & you wonder why they had to barrow the $$ :laffs:

Oh they have a lien on at least one house:  the dump catty corner from us.  Owned by someone living in Cali, worked on (occasionally) by groups of people not speaking English.  Nobody bought it at auction.  Imagine that.

31 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

I take offense to that , putting everyone in the same barrel of apples is wrong !   If you don't like them , get together & vote them out & someone else in ! 

Our Meetings have an average of two Home owners at them , you have to get involved if you want change .

Having one or two good apples in a barrel of bad apples doesn't mean you shouldn't have the right label on the barrel.