• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Colt & greed & CT.

Colt must be crazy or it is just greed of getting such a good loan from a State that they can't sell their must popular products in . I can tell you , I will probably never buy another Colt . They don't seem to mind reverse logic of this deal . Maybe I can't see it , I'm not sure what to think about it , to be honest .

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/28/ct-gov-using-financial-aid-to-help-colt-signed-ban-on-their-rifles-magazines/

10 hours ago, 392heminut said:

The last Colt firearm I bought was my Anaconda back when they first came out. I've got my Anaconda and Python and have no urge to buy another Colt! There are a lot better 1911's out there than the overpriced Colt's.

I have an Anaconda & a King Cobra , always wanted to get another Python , but they are way over priced & there is not a 357 mag made worth that much , I will live with out one for sure .

I wonder if any other states extended offers that were even comparable to Connecticut's...

The hypocrisy of this deal goes both ways. On the one hand, Colt is going to be headquartered in a state where they can't even sell many of their products. From a business standpoint, this was a good move. Low cost to start with, and if they hire 100 CT residents, they only have to pay back 80% of the principal on the loan. I understand the business side of the decision. The political side of it is the messy part.

On the other hand, you have the state of Connecticut saying, "We can't trust our residents with these firearms and/or 'high capacity' (read: standard capacity) magazines, but we will gladly let a manufacturer bring in jobs and tax dollars while only selling many of their products to other, less fortunate states whose citizens are not as safe as we are here."

2 hours ago, COBrien said:

I wonder if any other states extended offers that were even comparable to Connecticut's...

The hypocrisy of this deal goes both ways. On the one hand, Colt is going to be headquartered in a state where they can't even sell many of their products. From a business standpoint, this was a good move. Low cost to start with, and if they hire 100 CT residents, they only have to pay back 80% of the principal on the loan. I understand the business side of the decision. The political side of it is the messy part.

On the other hand, you have the state of Connecticut saying, "We can't trust our residents with these firearms and/or 'high capacity' (read: standard capacity) magazines, but we will gladly let a manufacturer bring in jobs and tax dollars while only selling many of their products to other, less fortunate states whose citizens are not as safe as we are here."

That's a VERY good point

19 hours ago, 392heminut said:

The last Colt firearm I bought was my Anaconda back when they first came out. I've got my Anaconda and Python and have no urge to buy another Colt! There are a lot better 1911's out there than the overpriced Colt's.

First, Conneticut made their own problem with their knee jerk reaction a few years ago. Kudos for Colt making them pay for it. I have my Colt HBAR that is enough. Now time for a short thread Hi Jack. :nutkick: Hemi, I know you are a 1911 lover, what are your favorite manufacturers right now? I have heard good things locally about the Ruger 1911's. (Where is the old "Thread Hi Jacked" emoticon?)

15 hours ago, COBrien said:

This is the part that gets me.  For a company to continue to do business in a state that hates its products, ruled against it's products, and blindly enacted laws that only hurt the HONEST gun owners...  AND have the gall to accept a "bribe" in order to stay there?!!?

FUk Colt in the neck.

MagPul had standards, morals, integrity, and intestinal fortitude - and moved their company OUT of Colorado for the same exact reason.  :thumbup:

On 3/30/2017 at 2:15 PM, Sisco said:

Hemi, I know you are a 1911 lover, what are your favorite manufacturers right now? I have heard good things locally about the Ruger 1911's. (Where is the old "Thread Hi Jacked" emoticon?)

Sisco, to be perfectly honest, I haven't had any trigger time with a lot of the 1911 stuff out there now. Bastages on this forum have got my head all into the AR platform and I've been neglecting the 1911's!

I've read a LOT of good comments on the Ruger 1911's and would not hesitate to put one in my safe. If I was walking into a gunshop today to buy a 1911 it would probably be a Ruger, second choice would be a Springfield Armory, that Range Officer looks like a pretty good gun for the money!

On 3/30/2017 at 5:03 AM, survivalshop said:

I have an Anaconda & a King Cobra , always wanted to get another Python , but they are way over priced & there is not a 357 mag made worth that much , I will live with out one for sure .

I agree, I would NOT pay what those things are bringing now! My first Python (a blued 4") cost me $350 back in 1980 when I first started with the PD here! I ordered it from a distributor in Shotgun News and had it shipped to my Lieutenant, who had an FFL. I let that one get away. A local guy I know has it but he won't part with it!

On Monday, April 03, 2017 at 6:21 PM, 392heminut said:

Sisco, to be perfectly honest, I haven't had any trigger time with a lot of the 1911 stuff out there now. Bastages on this forum have got my head all into the AR platform and I've been neglecting the 1911's!

I've read a LOT of good comments on the Ruger 1911's and would not hesitate to put one in my safe. If I was walking into a gunshop today to buy a 1911 it would probably be a Ruger, second choice would be a Springfield Armory, that Range Officer looks like a pretty good gun for the money!

My RO out shoots many a top $ 1911 but I also have younger eyes than the vet..

I was an idiot and didn't buy a Nighthawk at cost when I had the chance.  It was more than I could stomach at the time.  I could have traded it for 2 or 3 guns if I wanted.  

My wife has the only 1911 in the family at the moment, a Kimber officer model.  I do have 2 brothers and my dad with Ruger commander 1911s.  I have shot them as well and like them.  The Kimber seems slightly easier to shoot in my limited experience.