• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I know... I know...

Robocop1051

5 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

#2.  That sucks, and cops need more live ammo. More training.  That's a solid opinion that I have on that one...

Amen to that! I find it very frustrating that LEO don't get more rounds to train with on the tool that may save my families and their lives. Most LEO's I know spend a big chunk of their own money on ammo and training, hopefully they at least get to take this expense off their taxes.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

#2.  That sucks, and cops need more live ammo. More training.  That's a solid opinion that I have on that one...

Yeah definitely. Yesterday I did my yearly training. it used to be a week of staying at the academy, now it is 8 hours of training this year they said and I don't think it was even that long. I shot right around 50 rounds of handgun and that's it. Later we will do quarterly training, but again we won't get poop for rounds. so on average my agency provides 100-200 rounds a year to practice with. Can't expect me to be good with this piece of junk glock that I hate when that's all you shoot. 

And I got issued my hard plates and ballistic helmet finally. Helmet is great, they did a good job there. the plates on the other hand, though they are nice and light (3 pounds for a 10x12 shooters cut), they are 1 inch thick! and it is only lvl III not lvl IV which it should be with all the .30-06 hunting rifles running around this state.

Problem is those in charge of the money have no tactical background at all and don't listen to those with tactical experience. They would rather buy a new printer for the office than spend money on decent equipment or training that could save our lives. 

2 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Yeah definitely. Yesterday I did my yearly training. it used to be a week of staying at the academy, now it is 8 hours of training this year they said and I don't think it was even that long. I shot right around 50 rounds of handgun and that's it. Later we will do quarterly training, but again we won't get poop for rounds. so on average my agency provides 100-200 rounds a year to practice with. Can't expect me to be good with this piece of junk glock that I hate when that's all you shoot. 

And I got issued my hard plates and ballistic helmet finally. Helmet is great, they did a good job there. the plates on the other hand, though they are nice and light (3 pounds for a 10x12 shooters cut), they are 1 inch thick! and it is only lvl III not lvl IV which it should be with all the .30-06 hunting rifles running around this state.

Problem is those in charge of the money have no tactical background at all and don't listen to those with tactical experience. They would rather buy a new printer for the office than spend money on decent equipment or training that could save our lives. 

I agree that training should be actual "hands on weapons with live ammo" and many repetitions. I did training for Equipment Operators and the trend toward computers and simulators isn't doing the job.  I see too much pilot training being relegated to sims.  You need to get actual training in the air, a sim crashes and burns, no sweat just reset ,laugh and go again, that ain't how it works in the air, you crash and burn you are DEAD!.

The same way in the Combat Forces .

Edited by mrmackc

2 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Wow! I did not realize it has been cut that much. I shoot maybe 500 rounds of 45 ACP a year, and consider that barely enough to keep myself proficient at a civilian level with my 1911’s and my FNX 45. I want to increase that this year to 1,000 rounds via reloading and hunting for ammo deals.  Cuts have gone too far, period.

22 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

My issue, for a duty gun, coming from over 15 years experience, safety's kill.

Cop's can never train enough to guarantee they'll perform under the pressure.

I addressed this stuff early on in my career. Started shooting 1911 style pistols (same as I was carrying) in USPSA competition. For several years I shot upwards of 18K rounds a year in practice and competition. I KNEW I could perform under pressure and the safety on the 1911 was never an issue for me.

21 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

I addressed this stuff early on in my career. Started shooting 1911 style pistols (same as I was carrying) in USPSA competition. For several years I shot upwards of 18K rounds a year in practice and competition. I KNEW I could perform under pressure and the safety on the 1911 was never an issue for me.

I wish I could shoot that much. Hell, I wish I could shoot that much in five years. And I’m lucky to get off 2k-3K Per year.Per year.

My old man has been carrying the same 1911 since 1975. If I was carrying a SAO automatic, that was always carried in condition one, then I wouldn’t worry about the safety either.

My issue is about having a safety on a gun that is SA/DA. It’s not about the people that train to carry with the safety engaged. This is more about the people that train to carry expecting double action.

heck I wish I had a 3gun range on my property and the ammo to run through it several times a day. I hardly ever get the chance to shoot anymore between the kids and working so much. this week I will be putting in 82 hours, not including if I get an arrest or something else that keeps me out late. and yet still I can't afford what I would like most of the time.

12 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

heck I wish I had a 3gun range on my property and the ammo to run through it several times a day. I hardly ever get the chance to shoot anymore between the kids and working so much. this week I will be putting in 82 hours, not including if I get an arrest or something else that keeps me out late. and yet still I can't afford what I would like most of the time.

same here bro hours are endless but time is precarious to do what you need..

22 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Build it and I will come

• 2 weeks later...

@Robocop1051, please allow me to introduce you to The Gunslinger, from Fury Holsters.  I'll give you a review on it soon.  :thumbup:

Gunslinger_BW__1_.JPG

Gunslinger_BW__5__op_800x522.jpg

Yes, they most definitely make it for the XDs...  

The Gunslinger quad pistol mag carrier consists of two linked double mag carriers. The outside carrier is dropped and offset to allow for easy indexing and drawing of the mags. A shooter can now carry several mags without having them spread all along the waistline and behind the hip. Great for individuals who need more firepower but don't want to sacrifice precious real estate on their belt. The Gunslinger comes with all the necessary hardware to be broken down and worn as two separate double mag carriers and can be ordered belt ready, Molle ready, or both. 

Edited by 98Z5V

19 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

No link??? What are you, new???

Let ME google that for YOU.

I intentionally did not include the link FOR your better welfare, brother.  But, since you asked, I'll do it.

***I am not responsible for what you see on this page.  It IS "Safe For Work."  It IS NOT SAFE for your wallet...***

Remember...  YOU asked for this...   :laffs:

http://www.furyholsters.com/Magazine-Pouch-Order.html

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dane Armory said:

Is that a +2 magazine extension, are where did you get it ?

It’s not a magazine extension. It is just the longer magazine, with the extension “sleeve“. The sleeve just slides over the long magazine, and fills the gap between the grip and the base plate. 

I almost ordered the +1 Mag extension for my 9rd mags. Then I found that Pro-Mag made an 11 round mag for the XDS. The magazine is getting good reviews, and they're only $20 apiece. I’m all over that shit, like Tom on crazy.