• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from Cajun Country!

Boot_Scraper

Just wanted to introduce myself and thank those who put together this fine place. I'm not new to the AR10 but I'm still learning. Here's my current build: 

PA10 upper, lower, 18" barrel

ACE ARFX stock 

10.25" Diamondhead VRS-T

Velocity 3lb trigger

ARP JAL muzzle device

Armaspec SRS (on backorder) 

Haven't shot it yet though.

20170607_185207.jpg

20170607_185220.jpg

6 minutes ago, sketch said:

so is the lower a psa ? for bolth rifles? looks great btw! has dad fired his? i see rem lower read to fast.. what model matches the psa ?

The all black one is PSA upper, lower, and barrel. Camo is a Remmy R25 upper, lower, and barrel, with a PSA handguard on it. We can go on for days about what matches the PSA upper but it's best to use PSA for both. What are looking to match it with?

We haven't had a lot of experienced PSA users with the Gen 2' so glad your here to help answer questions. Had an influx of early PSA 308 users that had all sorts of problems that really couldn't assist much with. They seemed to have ironed them out so looking forward to hearing more.

27 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Camo is a Remmy R25 upper, lower, and barrel, with a PSA handguard on it.

That info right there solidifies one thing - R25s are straightup DPMS patterned rifles; hell, they ARE DPMS rifles.  PSA handguard threading is DPMS handguard threading.  :thumbup:

Welcome aboard, man - brace yourself for PSA questions...  :laffs:

20 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That info right there solidifies one thing - R25s are straightup DPMS patterned rifles; hell, they ARE DPMS rifles.  PSA handguard threading is DPMS handguard threading.  :thumbup:

Welcome aboard, man - brace yourself for PSA questions...  :laffs:

Yep. I used to barrel nut from the PSA and mounted it onto the Remy. The handguard is a DPMS "Low" pattern. 

I ordered a stealth recoil spring from armaspec 7 weeks ago and I'm running out of patience. About to just stuff an ol reliable buffer and spring though. I only bought the SRS because I want it silent. Not in the shooting aspect, but when moving the rifle in a climbing treestand, the weights can spook game. I hunt the thick stuff and they just appear from nothing sometimes. 

I'll be more than happy to help if I can. 

Once I shoot the darn thing I'll post the results. 

Edited by Boot_Scraper