• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Accuracy International in the neck?

https://forum.snipershide.com/forum/snipers-hide®-armory-supply/sniper-s-hide-bolt-action-rifles/6771600-ai-does-not-want-more-us-gun-control

Here is one of the many threads.  I am pretty sure Tom Irwin isn't wanting to restrict Americans access to weapons considering the U.S. is likely the largest civilian consumers of his product.  I trust Accuracy International more than I do European reporters/media.  If the man says the reporter took things out of context, then I will leave it at that barring any new evidence.  In my view, Accuracy International supports Freedom Loving Warfighters across the globe and that alone impedes any impulse I have to jump on the hate wagon without compelling evidence.

On 12/3/2017 at 3:22 PM, StainTrain said:

In my view, Accuracy International supports Freedom Loving Warfighters across the globe and that alone impedes any impulse I have to jump on the hate wagon without compelling evidence. 

Same mentality as Ronnie Barrett.  :thumbup:

He didn't "hate" Californians, when he banned his own sales to their state - he wasn't going to sell to a state with such draconian gun laws...

To be fair, Barrett stopped selling to CA gov/le to spotlight the fact that the whole point of the 2A was to ensure we the people were able to defend ourselves from that same gov/le should the need arise. Supporting warfighters doesnt always correlate to supporting freedom. Barrett made his stance on that very clear. 

Theres a good chance AI was totally misquoted.  Theres a good chance he was ambushed by the question and didnt really think his response through. Theres a good chance he thinks he believes in the right to bear arms, but through no fault of his own doesnt really have a fundamental understanding of the concept. whole thing was probably blown out of proportion but i have to admit i like seeing torches.  Sends a message. 

Edited by blue109

On 12/3/2017 at 3:22 PM, StainTrain said:

41 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Theres a good chance AI was totally misquoted.  Theres a good chance he was ambushed by the question and didnt really think his response through. Theres a good chance he thinks he believes in the right to bear arms, but through no fault of his own doesnt really have a fundamental understanding of the concept. whole thing was probably blown out of proportion but i have to admit i like seeing torches.  Sends a message. 

if you read that link, you'll find that it contains a direct phonecall with Tom Irwin of AI on this matter.

From that link:

I am on the phone with Tom Irwin RIght now,

Edited by 98Z5V