• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Greetings from Georgia

GeorgiaDave69

Hello,

My name is Dave from near Augusta, GA. I got my very first rifle 9 months becore I was born and have had many since then. My favorite cartridges has always been the .308 Win yet only recently acquired my first AR10. I am a 30 yr construction tradesman with experience in millwright and iron work, plant maintenance and custom fab work but am mostly a pipeslinger for hire. My grueling marriage of 20+ years is behind me now and my new lady and I see blue skies ahead. Both kids are grown and my cane corso is full grown and knows it. 

I have 26 acres including a 500 yard rifle range. I have a few guys that shoot regularly and we shoot everything from .17 mach II up to Joes 50 BMG. We all have multiple AR's in different configurations and I am looking forward to stretching the new 10 a bit. I have a PA 10 Gen2 with a 20" stainless barrell that has been broken in as I always do. This rifle has already proven to be sub MOA at 100 yards with an el cheapo scope and factory rounds. It now wears a Burris 4.5x14x42 M-Tac that will do for now. I will post a report as soon as we get a nice weekend.

I look forward to being included in the community. Have a great day. 

Dave

Welcome from San Diego. I'm extremely jealous of most of your bio. I'm a Land Surveyor who's mostly been around construction for the last 20 years. My wife and I will hit 15 years this anniversary and I hope I can keep her around for a few more. By boys are nowhere near grown (7 and 2) and I currently live in a small house on a small lot. I am however working to get it sold and have my sights set on 20 acres out in the back country. Welcome to the .308AR family. Post up some pics of the next shoot you guys pull on your personal range. Given the topography of the place I'm looking at, I think I can only squeeze in 250-300 ish. We'll see what happens if we successfully purchase the place.