• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

So... this guy. Teacher shoot gun in class...

98Z5V

Why is it that there are suddenly teachers firing guns in class?  I may have to start making my tin foil hat, but I don't remember teachers shooting in class before there was talk of arming school teachers.  Whether that is a good idea or not is definitely debatable. 

There just seems to be examples of the "bad" things that can happen with guns just when the anti 2nd crowd needs them.

2 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Why is it that there are suddenly teachers firing guns in class?  I may have to start making my tin foil hat, but I don't remember teachers shooting in class before there was talk of arming school teachers.  Whether that is a good idea or not is definitely debatable. 

There just seems to be examples of the "bad" things that can happen with guns just when the anti 2nd crowd needs them.

timing is everything.. or hes a dipshit!

"Reserve" anything, I relate to the military.  Reserve is part-time.  I've been into it with some Reservists before, when they puff up and try to tell me how long they've been in.  My response is always the same.

Reservist:  "You need to LISTEN to me, I've been doing this for 9 years!!!..."  (tantrum-like)

Me:  Oh, 9 years, huh?  Like, 9 years of "one weekend a month" and you combine that with "two weeks during the summer?"  That's a year?  How does that compare to MY 9 years of DOING THIS EVERY FUCKING DAY?!!?

Sadly, it usually makes their eyes open a little wider... 

This guy in the article has 11 years as a police reserve officer.  What's that like for a fulltime cop?  2-year new patrolman probably knows WAY more?  I'm asking, I don't know...  

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

"Reserve" anything, I relate to the military.  Reserve is part-time.  I've been into it with some Reservists before, when they puff up and try to tell me how long they've been in.  My response is always the same.

Reservist:  "You need to LISTEN to me, I've been doing this for 9 years!!!..."  (tantrum-like)

Me:  Oh, 9 years, huh?  Like, 9 years of "one weekend a month" and you combine that with "two weeks during the summer?"  That's a year?  How does that compare to MY 9 years of DOING THIS EVERY FUCKING DAY?!!?

Sadly, it usually makes their eyes open a little wider... 

This guy in the article has 11 years as a police reserve officer.  What's that like for a fulltime cop?  2-year new patrolman probably knows WAY more?  I'm asking, I don't know...  

Reserve guys in my town only work traffic detail....

There is a reason for that brother...

when I started my time I always wore an American bridge hard hat. They found a metal jungle hat and this apprentice with red hair had it for the day. Guys on the job with cracking up asking where the fuk did he get it. It almost looked new. That might fly on a roughneck but it's against OSHA rules in the building trades.

At Halliburton OSHA regs required anyone working around electrical in any way must wear a plastic hard hat, actually it was a political thang .   MSA had sold Bazillion of Aluminum hard hats and they lasted forever often a lifetime.  Their plastic models were trash and cost more than aluminum. Back in 1957 Halliburton Field Supervisors and Engineers were issued new MSA aluminum caps no brims, just a bill like a ballcap. Only sold to Halliburton,  If a Field Supervisor laid his aluminum hard-cap down or left it in his unlocked car some roughneck would steal it

BTW I still have mine after 52 years. But I have trashed several plastic ones.

Edited by mrmackc

The teacher handled it all wrong! Personally I would have made up a better excuse. After the accidental discharge scream “Take your AR15 and get outta my school!” and bolt out of the classroom and down the hall yelling “Not on my watch! No one dies today!” Return and chastise the students for not seeing the gunman. :lmao: