• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

So I should know better by now (yeah right)

Rsquared

So I was out in the Odenton area of Maryland today. It's an area just on the other side of Fort Meade/NSA. We have a mail/freight drop out there that I get material shipped to for work. I went out there to pick up a small pallet full of stuff. And of course......it wasn't there. So instead of going home, I figured that I'd stay close in the area in case the shipment came in......cause I wasn't heading back here once I got home.

Now....UNFORTUNEATELY.....It's not far from the Jessup area. Only about 10 to 15 minutes actually. And I needed to kill some time. FUK ME!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....................................... (everybody sing along, you all know the words that are about to come outta my dumb-ass fukin mouth)

I went stumbling through the doors of my local gun pusher.

I figured that I was only gonna be killing some time. And after all, I was still looking for an ADM mount for that Sig glass that the low-life, tricky bastard made me buy the last time I went in there. So I was walking around waiting for him to finish up with some other guy. When, low and behold, he happened to have some of those Sig (unicorn made) 10 round mags for a P220. He had 3 of them hanging on the shelf, so I figured that I was getting about 3 of them. :laffs:So I snag those things and dropped them on the counter beside him.

So he finished with the guy before me, and then asked what brought me around on a Tuesday. I related the story of getting boned by my mail drop, and told him that I was killing some time to give the truck a little extra to make it before I headed home. The PRICK! He looked down at the 3 mags, and asked if this was all that I wanted. So I casually threw out that I'd be interested in a ADM mount for the glass that I had gotten from him. But he didn't have any on his shelf with all the other mounts. He effortlessly reached into a case on his counter and pulled one out. "You mean one of these?", he asked. GAWD DAMMIT! His trap had been sprung. All I could say was "Yeah....one of those....I'll take it". The heartless bastard.

So, figuring that the worst was over with at this point, I thought that it would be safe to relax and let my guard down. Well..................I was wrong as usual.

So we started talking about night vision optics (ATN) that I've been looking at recently. NOW DON'T GO GETTING ALL AHEAD OF YOURSELVES. I was telling him how I couldn't believe some of the prices that they're asking. From the, relatively, reasonable position that is. So just for grins (UH HUH), he pulls up on his computer one of those X-Sight HD 5x20 optics that I had been thinking about. We were both laughing with what they can supposedly do. And for that price. With that, he threw out " I can get you one of those for a little over 5 and a half....They're in stock at my supplier". The no good, low down, RAT BASTARD!

Needless to say........................I told him to go ahead and get it. Even though he was laughing, saying that he knew that I was getting this just to prove that it couldn't do all that it said it did. Yep.....he's right. But we'll find out I guess. All this while I'm still knocking around the idea of getting a PS28-3. Obviously this one won't be for the MRAD. I think that it's only rated for clarity and accuracy out to about 1000 yards. So it'll end up on my 10 SASS more than likely, since the nightforce has found a home on the MRAD.

Anyway, while we wait for the new optic to show up. Here's a couple pics from today, with what I walked out of there with in my hands.5ae8f51cd6f5f_NewStuff.thumb.JPG.d2e2cb9947fda55c3a66aa5f36fd87f5.JPG

I couldn't keep it in my pants. So I threw the new mount and the aforementioned Sig glass onto my DSA FAL SBR (yep....it's a mouthful no doubt).

KIMG0046.thumb.JPG.582588cfefe1704fc9234785b85f409c.JPG

KIMG0048.thumb.JPG.66f0abc9efa45a4573d425ae3e90b84e.JPG

KIMG0049.thumb.JPG.8a9420d2aa041024d1e18325529ed548.JPG

KIMG0050.thumb.JPG.cd57ce25daa4a53f1e87d953cb72687e.JPG

Oh....and she's a side folder.

KIMG0051.thumb.JPG.7b86d9c0218a01eb4971ba0d98ec7edf.JPG

And DSA did the engraving on the side for no additional fee. Hell....I didn't even ask for it. They just threw it in for nothing (once again....relatively).

KIMG0052.thumb.JPG.4da71f389ef870ea3625d7871e4d749b.JPG

More to come ladies, when the optic gets here.

Edited by Rsquared

18 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Keeping up with the Crosses aren't we Ron?

:hornet:

Oh HELL no brother! This isn't a build. Just adding some "parts" to the existing rifle.

Now, YOU,  have definitely got the itch brother. (said backing away cautiously)

12 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Oh HELL no brother! This isn't a build. Just adding some "parts" to the existing rifle.

Now, YOU,  have definitely got the itch brother. (said backing away cautiously)

I'm thrilled to see this turn of events, it's going to be a heckuva wait for the Fall Shoot.

3 hours ago, Rsquared said:

... he pulls up on his computer one of those X-Sight HD 5x20 optics that I had been thinking about....

Anyway, while we wait for the new optic to show up. Here's a couple pics from today, with what I walked out of there with in my hands.

5ae8f51cd6f5f_NewStuff.thumb.JPG.d2e2cb9947fda55c3a66aa5f36fd87f5.JPG

OH SHIIT!!!   I'm not sure what I'm shocked about here,  the rapid acquisition of night vision, or that the pic above iswhat you walked of your dealer with... 

ADM mount, 3 mags, and  FUCKIN' MGD!!!  YOUR PUSHER STOCKS MGD FOR YOU!!!  :laffs::lmao::banana::hail:

Now THAT's FUKIN hilarious my man. IF ONLY he stocked MGD too.....I might never leave his place except to go to work.......to earn more money.......to ultimately give to him. :laffs:

And this is gonna be a test of the night vision. As we talked about on the phone, The MRAD deserves the 3rd gen PS28. I'm just gonna play with this one as I appropriate the funds in a comfortable manner. Whatever the hell that means. For under 6 bills, it's worth playing with this one just to enter the area. Worst case...it just gets thrown in the box with other $hit. :lmao:

8 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

OH SHIIT!!!   I'm not sure what I'm shocked about here,  the rapid acquisition of night vision, or that the pic above iswhat you walked of your dealer with... 

ADM mount, 3 mags, and  FUCKIN' MGD!!!  YOUR PUSHER STOCKS MGD FOR YOU!!!  :laffs::lmao::banana::hail:

Wouldn't you if you were his pusher?

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

Now THAT's FUKIN hilarious my man. IF ONLY he stocked MGD too.....I might never leave his place except to go to work.......to earn more money.......to ultimately give to him. :laffs:

And this is gonna be a test of the night vision. As we talked about on the phone, The MRAD deserves the 3rd gen PS28. I'm just gonna play with this one as I appropriate the funds in a comfortable manner. Whatever the hell that means. For under 6 bills, it's worth playing with this one just to enter the area. Worst case...it just gets thrown in the box with other $hit. :lmao:

FUk that, brother - I'd HUNT that scope out here, for coyotes at night. I poop you not, that's nice. NICE!

I'm trying to work up some spare change to get an electronic caller with a remote decoy, so I can smack these mangy bastards down a little better.  After seeing you going after this scope - I'm going after one, too.

You Rat Bastard. 

This $hit is a disease and I got a dose myself,when they asked me to go back to work last fall I said Ok , what was I thinking? so I up and Buy a Ruger Precision rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor and a Vortex Viper 4 to 24 with 50mm objective, just cause i am working right ? I have a little spending money, so then I start getting the itch to shoot long range but I don't have a long range ,range finder so we drive over to see Jay, and he says no worries try this .. a Sig Kilo 2400 ABS Fuk it is awesome and again I am broke and have to work MORE! so I get home and the little lady informs me she has the same disease she says we are getting a new Loaded wrangler 4 door Sahara and it will be blue.... Is this something that is subliminal from reading the pages on this site? or all you Fukers Jedi Mind tricking us?........

Rsquared , congrats on your new toys, ain't life Grand......... but from now on just wine about your local pusher NO Pictures, makes me want to go spend money with Jay.......:thumbup:

I wouldn't make you make late payments and shiit like that, but the "debt-to-income" ratio would change, brother...   :lmao:

On a side note, but related note - I haven't used credit since 2008. None. If I don't have the cash for it, I don't buy it. I walked away from credit a decade ago, and haven't looked back. 

1 minute ago, Malig8r said:

Hey Matt...Tom’s looking for you again...:hornet:

I think I gave him the Grendel Sickness pretty bad at the Spring Shoot...  :banana:

You other guys, it's coming for YOU in the Fall Shoot, and it's gonna be REALLY bad - with ME AND MATT tag-teaming that a$s...   :laffs:

8 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I think I gave him the Grendel Sickness pretty bad at the Spring Shoot...  :banana:

You other guys, it's coming for YOU in the Fall Shoot, and it's gonna be REALLY bad - with ME AND MATT tag-teaming that a$s...   :laffs:

We got the Mojo too brother, just look at how Ron's NV/IR pursuit is progressing...

*Fist Bump*