• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS G2...... should I?

Boot_Scraper

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, Boot_Scraper said:

Priced out a build based on an Ascend Armory upper/lower. Probably put the Faxon pencil in this. Cheaper to build it....but do I "need" more than on 308AR???

Uhhhh......you do remember what website you're on right? Silly man. Asking silly questions like "do I need more than one". :lmao:

My last count was 6 of them (all different of course). 5 Armalite's and 1 Black Rain (that I still haven't assembled yet).

Think of it as options. When they're built for specific purposes, they tend to do the job better. You can go from shorter ones designed and built for kicking in doors and clearing, to longer ones designed to plant on a hilltop and take out targets on the opposing hilltop. It's all in what you build them for, and what you expect to do with them.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:45 AM, Rsquared said:

Uhhhh......you do remember what website you're on right? Silly man. Asking silly questions like "do I need more than one". :lmao:

My last count was 6 of them (all different of course). 5 Armalite's and 1 Black Rain (that I still haven't assembled yet).

Think of it as options. When they're built for specific purposes, they tend to do the job better. You can go from shorter ones designed and built for kicking in doors and clearing, to longer ones designed to plant on a hilltop and take out targets on the opposing hilltop. It's all in what you build them for, and what you expect to do with them.

Sounds logical.

I've settled on a taking the pencil Faxon and implanting it in a light compact hunting weapon. Start off with that Ascend upper and lower (what's a good light weight upper/lower set?) with one of those carbon Easter basket handguards from Brigand. The PA10 might get a 20 inch pipe later on. I'll be sure to keep y'all updated. 

Edited by Boot_Scraper

Sounds like you're on it Boot. You're on the right track to build a hunting weapon. Light and maneuverable. Others around here know better about hunting than I do. Magwa is pretty much our expert hunter around here. I think he uses a standard 16" DPMS carbine. But he can talk WAY more knowledgeable on this topic than I could.

• 2 months later...

It is only money and any money that allows you to get Elk and Deer is money well spent, you are going to need a 308 and a 6.5 creedmoor a couple of really good triggers and scopes and a Acc 7.62SDN-6 to go on them and then a Gator forend and well I will think of more later ... think Light then shave every living OZ. you can you will smile later.. then you will be doing the happy dance...

1031150956.jpg

Edited by Magwa