• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Target sports USA Prime Ammo

Ravenworks

How many of you use Target Sports USA for ammunition supplies?

I buy a ton of ammo a year and I use to by a lot of stuff from SGAMMO,.

I quit since their shipping got out of hand and he started gouging on MILSURP stuff, shipping is $28 now on each item.

I signed up for Prime Ammo($90) at Target Sports and I have to say it's nice to buy a box of this or a box of that and not get hammered on shipping.

With their 8% off plus free shipping I was looking at some 5.56 and after rebate it came out to $221 per 1,000 rounds for Federal 55 & 62gr pills.

I bought some Remington 175gr SMK for $11 a box shipped, if my gun likes them I'm going to buy a bunch more.

Anyhow before I start sounding like a cheerleader,I thought it was worth while to mention incase someone needs to stock up on pew pews

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

I like TS but I usually only by in bulk so shipping is free anyway. 

But what kills you is when you buy a couple of different boxes of ammo and have to pay the shipping.

As for the free shipping on the bulk ammo, right now where are you going to find Federal 5.56 shipped to your door for $225 per 1,000?

Truth be told, if you are prepping for anything you should have a minimum of 10,000 rounds and spare barrels for each caliber.

Edited by Ravenworks

3 hours ago, Ravenworks said:

But what kills you is when you buy a couple of different boxes of ammo and have to pay the shipping.

As for the free shipping on the bulk ammo, right now where are you going to find Federal 5.56 shipped to your door for $225 per 1,000?

Truth be told, if you are prepping for anything you should have a minimum of 10,000 rounds and spare barrels for each caliber.

I used to prep that way, but now that I am 70, I realize that if the SHTF at my age I am expendable. So I give the good stuff to my son. And just keep enough to raise a ruckus if need be.

3 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

I'm only going to stockpile in quantities that I can move. Same with caches, it makes no sense whatsoever to store more than can be moved when the need arises. 

I have an "06" Jeep LJ, they have an extra 18" than a regular Jeep.

I set up a decking in the back, it's very easy to hual 20k rounds in my load out,the cans are in racks and secured.

The suspension was built for this purpose in mind.

Every inch of space is accounted for in the Jeep and my M418 trailer.

58 minutes ago, Ravenworks said:

I set up a decking in the back, it's very easy to hual 20k rounds in my load out,the cans are in racks and secured.

Prepping for what? What do you honestly think is going to happen? Zombies? Liberals?

17 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

Prepping for what? What do you honestly think is going to happen? Zombies? Liberals?

I looked back for those “teddy bear” prepper videos posted years ago, but couldn’t find them. They seemed appropriate for some reason. The Liberals are the biggest danger, of course. They might attack us with the hard cover copies of Ruth Bader Ginsberg’s autobiography. At one time In the 70’s I was a prepper. Back then the term was “ survivalist”. Truth be told, if something like that did happen, very few people, preppers or not, would survive. Mathematics, living off the land, there is just not enough land for any portion of the population to survive as hunter gatherers or farmers.

58 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

No,but I do travel overland in remote areas by myself.

Never know when you may cone upon a meth outfit in the middle of nowhere.

Doesn't matter,I'm always well armed where ever I go and I'm pretty passive,as in I just want left alone.

Then there's the occasional weekend at the farm where we can burn upwards of 15,000 rounds in a weekend.

That $4,000 M-60 I bought back in "80" that my mother thought was a foolish investment sure has been a lot of fun over the years.

During that period of time we were able to go to the local SO and buy a temporary explosives permit for $5.00.

50 pound box of Dynamite made for a fun cheap weekend.

Those are the types of things we did that was considered normal,what would you expect when 80% of our senior class went Airborne or joined the corp.

I have been using TS for about 6 minths or so now. Very nice outfit. I got the prime membership, between shipping and discounts I think I've easily saved the $90 so far. It was great when I wanted to test a bunch of different Match Grade ammo for my build, and restock for a bunch of calibers that I was running low on.

3 hours ago, Ravenworks said:

Im into this! picks ?