Larue MBT 

Odin Works Zulu 2.0 stock kit

Tubbs flat wire spring

H3 buffer (on order)

All other blue accents are from Strike Industries 

STNGR 13.5" rail

Magpul bipod

VG6 muzzle brake and CAGE (on order)

I still need mags and ammo and to decide on optics.

Looks good, brother - great barrel there, too!   For mags - E-Lander for the 17-rounders (like 20-rd AR mags).  E-Landers for everything if you want.  Alexander Arms sells them, and LaRue sells them.  I'm sure there are more vendors, but those are the only two vendors I've purchased them from.  For larger mags, Primary Arms has the ASC 25-rd mags on sale routinely.  Those are the two flavors of mags that I run, and they work.  :thumbup:

Just had the 18" SPR-ish Grendel out today - it's still a laserbeam...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

9 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Looks good, brother - great barrel there, too!   For mags - E-Lander for the 17-rounders (like 20-rd AR mags).  E-Landers for everything if you want.  Alexander Arms sells them, and LaRue sells them.  I'm sure there are more vendors, but those are the only two vendors I've purchased them from.  For larger mags, Primary Arms has the ASC 25-rd mags on sale routinely.  Those are the two flavors of mags that I run, and they work.  :thumbup:

Just had the 18" SPR-ish Grendel out today - it's still a laserbeam...   :banana:

Thanks for your input on parts.:thumbup:. I will look for those mags and hit up Matt for some ammo.

I was all over this when they first came out and I always thought of it as a VERY practical round instead of the next fad.

Bill Wilson does a lot of great stuff,but I sometimes feel he creates to many of the he same things out of bordem.

I mean he has a new latest and greatest ranch gun every week it seems like.

But I do like thst Ham'R

But for now whats not to like in a Grendel?

Arne and Bill did a good job with it

I think ASC is who makes the Midway AR stoner mags. Anyways, I've got some AR stoner mags for Grendel, Valkyrie (6.8 SPC mags), and 7.62x39, they've been good for me.

Bought a unimag once, sent it back to primary arms for credit, it's literally the only mag I've ever experienced an issue with.

6 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

@Matt.Cross and @98Z5V

Since y'all have these, what do suggest for optics?

Also, Matt PM me about a case of ammo for this when you get a chance.

Tom will undoubtedly remember the specs on my optics, but long story short it's a Primary Arms job that's just a spectacular performer. I'll shoot you a PM later with some ammo quotes.

3 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

@Matt.Cross and @98Z5V

Since y'all have these, what do suggest for optics?

Also, Matt PM me about a case of ammo for this when you get a chance.

You want mils or MOA?  For the scope, go with Primary Arms 4~14, either the mil reticle of the MOA reticle, your preference.  You know I'm a mils guy, and Matt is an MOA guy.

These ones right here:

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-4-14x44mm-riflescope-mil-dot-pa4-14xffp

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-4-14x44mm-ffp-riflescope-arc-2-moa-reticle

Reason for the price difference you see -the mil scope is not illuminated, the MOA one is illuminated...  I will say this, for the MOA scope - the illumination grid is far superior to the other PA 4~14 illuminated scopes, specifically, the ACSS HUD DMR line. 

Put it in a LaRue LT-158 mount, 30mm rings.  That mount has 10 MOA of cant built into it - and you'll need it for the distance this round can go. 

Best off-the-shelf ammo for these things is the Hornady Black, which is a 123 grain ELD-M projectile.  Get a case of that, and you're set.  Which ever scope you go with, I'll whip up a drop chart for you in either mils or MOA for that ammo and your gun specs.  I duplicated that loading for my own reloading, at a tiny bit more muzzle velocity, and it's excellent.  I don't have to worry about changes at distance, switching between to the two loads, it's that close.  You'll like that ammo.

I'm not going to edit this one, just because. 

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Best off-the-shelf ammo for these things is the Hornady Black, which is a 123 grain ELD-M projectile.  Get a case of that, and you're set.  Which ever scope you go with, I'll whip up a drop chart for you in either mils or MOA for that ammo and your gun specs.  I duplicated that loading for my own reloading, at a tiny bit more muzzle velocity, and it's excellent.  I don't have to worry about changes at distance, switching between to the two loads, it's that close.  You'll like that ammo.

I'm not going to edit this one, just because. 

He's about to place a gigantic order of exactly that...