• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LAR-8 mid gas tube too long on x-caliber middy barrel w/superlative arms AGB

308ARBuild

4 minutes ago, 308ARBuild said:

I'm on several forums as a member. 

Yet, here you are.  They didn't help you with this issue?  Were you referred here to get help with this? 

There are people here trying to help you - and it's a bunch of bullshiit from you, instead of information that's requested of you to help you with what's going on...

So, if you feel the need to leave...

Edited by 98Z5V

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Yet, here you are.  They didn't help you with this issue?  Were you referred here to get help with this? 

There are people here trying to help you - and it'sa bunch of bullshiit from you, instead of information that's requestedof you to help you with what's going on...

So, if you feel the need to leave...

Man, you're such a badass! Thanks boys! 

11 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Oh, that gas tube is WAY TOO FUCKING LONG.  I'll confirm that right now.  That RRA LAR-8 gas tube.  In a DPMS-based weapon. That possibly has a barrel with a gas port in the Armalite AR-10 Carbine gas system location.  I'll confirm that for you.

So. You're saying x-caliber knowingly misplaced my gas port after I told them dpms pattern ar 308 and mid-length gas port? Man my buddy is gonna be pissed about that accusation. 

15 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Oh, that gas tube is WAY TOO FUCKING LONG.  I'll confirm that right now.  That RRA LAR-8 gas tube.  In a DPMS-based weapon. That possibly has a barrel with a gas port in the Armalite AR-10 Carbine gas system location.  I'll confirm that for you.

You guys do realize your posts show when they were last edited? 

Jesus you dudes need lessons in professionalism.

Thanks for running off new members! 

Just now, 308ARBuild said:

So. You're saying x-caliber knowingly misplaced my gas port after I told them dpms pattern ar 308 and mid-length gas port? Man my buddy is gonna be pissed about that accusation. 

Research it.  There are MANY BARREL MANUFACTURERS placing the gas port location helf way between AR15-length gas port locations, and Armalite AR-10 gas port locations (they're different), in order that most people can use either gas system, and work most of the time.

This is common knowledge, for a few years now, but it seems new to you.  Also, X-Caliber has sent out barrels with gas ports that are too small, before - and that's documented here. 

Research.

Just now, 308ARBuild said:

You guys do realize your posts show when they were last edited? 

Jesus you dudes need lessons in professionalism.

Yeah, I know that - my space bar doesn't always go - and I catch that later, and edit it. Hope you're not offended. 

With you being the master of definitions...I suggest you look up the word "possibly". I've searched every dictionary I could find and none of them point to anything accusational.  Your buddy probably knows quite a bit. What's he think about the situation?

1 minute ago, 308ARBuild said:

I could have addressed this with an edit - but you'd think I was hiding something from you.

I get the feeling this isn't the first board that you've done this on - and not the first board you've left.  Good luck in your future.  Good luck with that combination of parts from different manufacturers, on a platform with zero standards to follow.  Hope you get it running.  :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I could have addressed this with an edit - but you'd think I was hiding something from you.

I get the feeling this isn't the first board that you've done this on - and not the first board you've left.  Good luck in your future.  Good luck with that combination of parts from different manufacturers, on a platform with zero standards to follow.  Hope you get it running.  :thumbup:

Good luck with your "builds" from the same manufacturer. We call those "assemblies" here, son. The info here has been stellar. I totally see this site thriving. Solid business model. 

New member : hey I have a question 

You..... People: your build sucks, pics?, what a shitty build! 

New member: pics, info

You.... Build sucks

Such a stellar site! 

Can't believe it's so tiny, hard to find, and short-term! 

1 hour ago, 308ARBuild said:

You guys have no idea how bad I hope "his buddy" is actually a guy from X-Caliber, and "his buddy" decides to dip his toe back into this pool again. Bring it.  We have 8 stored pages of X-Caliber shiit to unleash here. That's not a typo.

For the record, too - because this idiot couldn't understand it - his gas tube is WAY TOO FUCKING LONG - even though he stated that very thing in his thread title.  I offered information about gas port LOCATION on the barrel, between Armalite and DPMS, and this asshead jumped to conclusions - that he didn't know what he was talking about.  I asked the guy to measure that gas tube, but he imploded before we got to that point.  If he had a standard-ish gas tube length, somewhere between Armalite and DPMS gas tube lengths - then YES that barrel is fucked, according to that pic he posted!!!  If that RRA LAR-8 gas tube that he tried to use on a DPMS-based build is way longer than other, "normal" shiit - then he, as the builder, just fucked it up, and didn't know what the fornicate he was doing. Just getting parts form where ever, thinking it's an AR15, and it AIN'T.

But, we never got to that gas tube length, and he went up...  :lmao:

New Guy: "Guys, need some help here. My new build sucks, probably because I'm building it out of things I found in dumpsters behind gun stores. Despite the fact that my IQ is a negative number, I suspect my gas tube is too long, right?"

Us: Yes, gas tube is too long. Building off a mixed bag of parts rather than researching your choices is probably why what you have doesn't work, but good new is it's fixable.

New Guy: "WTF DO YOU MEAN, 'DOESN'T WORK'? YOU CALLING MY FAILED POS BUILD A POS IS OFFENSIVE!!!"

OK, well, good luck with that buddy. Have fun!

And, so you are aware, there are generally 3 main types of large frame styles or patterns. Armalite, DPMS and Rock River. Many parts are proprietary. Belonging to the owner, as in the rights to the patents filed. And because of these proprietary parts many things are not inter changeable. There is no mil spec. This isn’t an AR15. 

Oh, and by the way, you are an assembler my friend, until you mechanically alter a part permanently. Then you are a builder. So untilmill out an 80%, put a barrel on a lathe, or otherwise manufacture something, you assembled a bunch of wrong parts.