• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Old Jarhead here, New to AR10, love the .308.

Jarhead1968

Like the username says, old Jarhead joining the forum. Trained with the M-14, which in my humble opinion is still the greatest battle rifle ever made, however I am trying to put away my hatred of the M16 and join the modern world. Just bought an AR10 on Gunbroker. Think that with Pelosi and company in charge of the House I better do it now. If they have their way we will all be criminals. Have a C and R license and am always watching for WWII era stuff. Vietnam Vet, made it home ok. My Brothers and Sisters who didn't are constantly on my mind. Took an oath to the Constitution a long time ago, it has no expiration date.

My gun inventory includes:

Springfield M1a, 1903-a3, SMLE No1 MK3, a bunch of Para Ordnance 1911's, Browning BLR in .308, several old shotguns (mostly 16gauge) and a few others for fun and hunting. My carry is a Para Ordnance 3" .45cap, thanks to John Browning!

Look forward to learning more about Eugene Stoner's better idea. 

10 hours ago, suzukiray said:

Welcome from the People's Republic of Commiefornia! Glad you made it home from that war. I had 3 uncles go to that war too and all came home. Just how many 1911s do you have??? Lol!!!

I kinda lost count, but I think it's 8, if you count the two I am building right now. They are all locked away and I don't want to go pull them out. All are Para Ordnance LDA's in .45, except the two new builds, they are 9mm.

Lived in Orange County for 3 1/2 years total back in 69 to 74. Was in Santa Ana when there were still orange groves.

Glad your uncles made it back.

20 minutes ago, shepp said:

Welcome from Wisconsin, Hopfully you’re not as cranky as the other old brown boot, jarhead that resides around here..........love you mr Mack 

Never have known an old leatherneck who wasn’t a little cranky. They have earned the right to be that way.

Welcome from VT! I just joined this sight literally 20 minutes ago myself, also new to the AR10. My dad was a Vietnam Veteran. He drove a tank (was a tank Commander). Lost him to ALS in 2016. Thank you for your service. I'm also a fan of the 1911, but I only have 3, 2 Colts and a Kimber. 

On 1/17/2019 at 10:38 PM, vtjonny5 said:

Welcome from VT! I just joined this sight literally 20 minutes ago myself, also new to the AR10. My dad was a Vietnam Veteran. He drove a tank (was a tank Commander). Lost him to ALS in 2016. Thank you for your service. I'm also a fan of the 1911, but I only have 3, 2 Colts and a Kimber. 

Sorry about your Dad.  A friend of mine has what is called pre ALS, he’s 70 like me. It is a struggle. 

Did your Dad drive an M48 or an M60 in Vietnam?

Do you know what is enough 1911’s? Answer: One more than what you have.