• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Illinois SB 337 passed

We missed the boat on this one, guys.  Went right through, and we didn't notice.  I pulled this info from Full30.com.

https://forum.full30.com/t/illinois-sb-337-has-been-signed-into-law/9489

Here's the meat and potatoes on it:

https://blog.k-var.com/news/illinois-pritzker-signs-firearm-registration-dealer-licensing-bill/#more-4857

January 17, 2019 by David Dolbee

Within 48 hours of being sworn in, Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker signed Senate Bill 337 into law. The bill was passed by the previous legislature, but Republican Governor Bruce Rauner refused to sign it into law. Senate President John Cullerton previously made the unprecedented move of placing a procedural hold on the bill in order to avoid the possibility of a veto under the previous Governor, Bruce Rauner, and then removed the hold to send the bill to a newly inaugurated governor. Cullerton’s political tricks means SB 337 will now establish a firearm registry and likely shut down local gun stores in Illinois with government red tape.

J.B. Pritzker after signing Firearm Registration bill Gov. J.B. Pritzker holds paperwork he signed Jan. 17, 2019, requiring gun stores to get state licenses.

Senate Bill 337, as amended by Representative Kathleen Willis (D-77), will direct the state police to create an electronic transaction form for firearm transfers, which will amount to a registry. This solution in search of a problem will not only waste taxpayer funded resources, but it will also not improve public safety. Criminals, by definition, do not obey the law, and acquire the vast majority of their firearms illegally such as by theft, on the black market, or by straw purchase. A registry would not affect criminals as it could only include lawful transactions. The only purpose that firearm registries serve is to facilitate future confiscations of firearms from those who currently own them legally.

In addition, SB 337 will create onerous gun dealer licensing within the state. While the purported intent of this law was to enhance “responsible business practices,” this law only proves that the intention is to close as many federally licensed firearm dealers (FFLs) as possible. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) licenses and closely monitors all FFLs and strictly enforces any violation of federal law. SB 337 goes so far beyond federal law in its mandatory regulations and red tape imposed at the state level that they will almost assuredly force the closure of most firearm dealers and prevent prospective owners from opening new ones. This law seeks to create so many department divisions, anti-gun 5-member licensing boards, and licensing fees that dealers will be forced to close through oversight by anti-gun appointees or being priced out of business.

Hopefully, Second Amendment defenders such as the NRA, Second Amendment Foundation and others will be able to block this through the courts. If not, it will set a dangerous precedent that will be mimicked by other states.

9 minutes ago, suzukiray said:

Chicago will just continue to grow into a LARGER $hithole!!!!

There are no gun stores in Chicago that’s the problem. All that Chicago thinking is fucking the rural cornfield country folk. The next four years are going to be a battle for me here in Wisconsin too. 

I was about to order an upper for this AR barrel I have sitting here last week but I didnt feel like starting a new build...so I sent $30 to GOA and $20 to AZCDL instead. Im confident we are at the end of the 2A, and we will see it either repealed or reinterpreted to death in our lifetime.  

4 hours ago, shepp said:

There are no gun stores in Chicago that’s the problem. All that Chicago thinking is fucking the rural cornfield country folk. The next four years are going to be a battle for me here in Wisconsin too. 

yeah I might take out a huge loan in order to get all the guns I want before the democrats screw us over. 

sad for my brother and dad who own a decent amount of guns in Illinois.

That's where it's headed. And they know it.  The problem will be that there are more sheep than there are are of "us". So long as that's the case and will continue to be more of the case as time goes on...they can say they serve "the people". The majority. How do we create more of "us"?  We are the only minority it will ever be OK to trample on in their minds.  It's how they work.  When the next civil war begins someday, where will it start?  What will be the red line?  How will it be accomplished?  It's obvious that we will never change the other side and the craziness seems to be accelerating at an exponential rate.  It's going to take a lot to save the country we love and more of the same isn't going to do it. What's next?

My response to schit laws like this is buy another lower.....or two. I'm over asking politicians to help, I'm over all the lobby groups that say they can help keep the 2A, that ship has sailed. It's on me to take care of me and mine now, that is my central focus going forward, weather the storm while the fertilizer heals the tree.

Going John Galt..................

jefferson.jpg.5c0f71755be3ef3eea148fb073f6ee52.jpg