• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Blowback AR 40 S&W / 3 round bursts

On 6/9/2019 at 11:38 AM, Albroswift said:

EA1095/ 7.5 oz buffer NO BUENO in carbine. Curious why worked with 4.5" barrel with 180 gr IPSC loads  but not 16" barrel with 155 gr +P,  all other things equal.

Damn great news on the springs (esp. the Sprinco Red) and the heavier buffers - this is all learning, and it's damn great news.  My views on the above - BIG difference in the guns, brother!  4.5" barrel is getting the lead out quick, even for a 180gr slow load.  That 155gr +P load is moving ALOT faster, and the 16" barrel is ALOT of dwell time.  Which is increased pressure...  That spring and buffer can't handle that kind of pressure.  I'm pretty positive that's what happened in that combo, but I'm just arm-chair quarterbacking this stuff...

You know how I can shoot a .45ACP round at IPSC steel plates at 200 yards?  Through a 16" barrel, is the only reason why...  Oh, and because I'm not Larry...   :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

You know how I can shoot a .45ACP round at IPSC steel plates at 200 yards?  Through a 16" barrel, is the only reason why...  Oh, and because I'm not Larry...   :lmao:

I'm not sure that I can do that either brother! Remember, I was shooting 40 S&W, lighter, faster boolits there!:thumbup:

yes, southpaw shooter. Mag looked like a disassembled mag, didn't find the follower. 

Been thinking about it, 7.5 buffer works in 4.5 in barrel / ipsc 180 gr loads with KVP Extra power spring, Sprinco Red Spring, and EA1095 spring Rare double tap  With the EA1095

7.5 buffer didn't work in 16" carbine even with EA1095 spring.

10 oz buffer works in carbine and pistol with Sprinco red spring or  KVP Extra Power Spring. Occasional double taps with the EA1095/ Carbine. Didn't try 10oz/1095 in pistol 

I think with the 16in barrel the dwell requires a 10oz+buffer regardless of spring.  

Red spring /10oz buffer winner chicken dinner 

^^^  I absolutely love what we're discovering/figuring out with the PCCs now.  :hail:

My Oly Arms AR45 always ran, with an H3 buffer, but double-tapped once in awhile if you were lazy on the trigger.  Freaked me out - turns out it was bolt speed, even from a fat slow subsonic 230gr .45ACP round...  But this is blowback operation...    My AR9 never ran for shiit, until I got a WAY heavier-than-H3 buffer and put in a strongass spring.  I was at a point one time that I was gonna put that fukker through the bandsaw, because of what it had cost me over time...  :laffs:

.40 Cal is a MFer to figure out, but I think we've cracked it...  Now who's the first brave bastard to make a 10mm?...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

14 minutes ago, DNP said:

Mike has some loads to test out in the 10. 

Those fuckers SUCK in a pistol, and hurt like a MFer...  You go 40 yards to pick up brass.  Hell, if you stand in front of a 10x10 canopy and shoot them, the brass will CLEAR that canopy...   and go another 30-ish yards...   :laffs:

I wanna see someone with the balls to shoot those through a 16" 10mm PCC...   that fucker would blow up...   :lmao:

He cautions you, too, when he says, "Hey!  I want you to try THESE out!.."  Then he says, "They're a little warm..."   :thefinger:  My ass, they're "warm..."  Fuckin' Wrist-Killers is what they are...   Doesn't matter HOW tight you hang onto that gun.  I lump those bastards into the same category as his 300 WSM loads out of that lightass bolt gun he's got...  He's a sadist, just like Roman...  Yeah, Roman...  Who the fuk puts a Shockwave Blade brace on a shortass .458 SOCOM pistol build?!...  Roman does, so he can see the pain when people shoot it...  Jackasses, I tell ya, both of them...   :bitchslap:

3 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Those fuckers SUCK in a pistol, and hurt like a MFer...  You go 40 yards to pick up brass.  Hell, if you stand in front of a 10x10 canopy and shoot them, the brass will CLEAR that canopy...   and go another 30-ish yards...   :laffs:

I wanna see someone with the balls to shoot those through a 16" 10mm PCC...   that fucker would blow up...   :lmao:

touche the vet is on 10mm with a vengeance.. I have to find the time but mikey has the resources. It shall be done .. dont cry for me. suckers!😈

1 minute ago, sketch said:

sweet pain! You like it even though its painfull.

Shooting that .458 is like someone chopping you right in the shoulder with an axe, that was intentionally dulled - it doesn't cut you, and leave blood, but it just shreds muscles...   Every time you pull the trigger...  "HIT ME WITH THE AXE BLADE AGAIN!!!...   "  :banana:   Fucker...  :thefinger:

2 minutes ago, sketch said:

🤗  hahaha I did warn everyone!  its a top 5 in my safe!  I admit It doesn't come out to often.

That bitch can EXPLODE some bank-teller glass, though... It's on-par with the 45-70 in that regard...   :hail:

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I lump those bastards into the same category as his 300 WSM loads out of that lightass bolt gun he's got...  He's a sadist, just like Roman...  Yeah, Roman...  Who the fuk puts a Shockwave Blade brace on a shortass .458 SOCOM pistol build?!...  Roman does, so he can see the pain when people shoot it...  Jackasses, I tell ya, both of them...   :bitchslap:

Yeah, I've shot both of those guns! Tom is spot on right there! There used to be a picture around here somewhere of the bruise that fukkin 458 of Roman's left on me after TWO shots!

But yeah, I'd shoot that MF'er again! :thefinger:

Some years ago, saw a Weather by .460 Magnum at the LGS. Had 19 rounds to go with. LGS owner said he sold 2 of them. Buyer of this one fired one round and brought it back. Too much to handle. Buyer of the other one told LGS owner he'd fired one round also. Now he's suckering other guys to do it. Won't shoot it again himself though.

53 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Some years ago, saw a Weather by .460 Magnum at the LGS. Had 19 rounds to go with. LGS owner said he sold 2 of them. Buyer of this one fired one round and brought it back. Too much to handle. Buyer of the other one told LGS owner he'd fired one round also. Now he's suckering other guys to do it. Won't shoot it again himself though.

A couple of sissies  with too much time on their hands and more money than they can use!

Go back and play with your Barbies.

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I love the .460 S&W Magnum - @blue109.  <<<  His dad has one, and I love that thing...  

21 hours ago, Albroswift said:

My 458 ain't bad to shoot,  buttstock makes all the difference 

Adaptive Tactical 

Screenshot_20190613-104951_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9ebaed50c8b24a51198ff12cd9585716.jpg

I have a couple of those, they are nice. Mine are little loose on the tube. I put electrical tape on the tube where it can't be seen and it took up the rattle. works fine so far.

27 minutes ago, Albroswift said:

Is that a commercial vs Milspec thing?

Both tube and stock are mil spec, It's not bad loose. be nice if they had a lock like the magpul. They are comfortable to shoot, but mine are not on high recoiling guns.308 and 6.5 Creedmore.

Due to the performance of this thread, it was suggested that we start a “Pistol Caliber” area.  This thread has since been moved to its new home in the “PCC’s and PDW’s” section of the forum. Based on the popularity of the trend, it’s sure to be the first of many threads and posts. 

Thank you all for participating and assisting us grow in the community. 

Except for Tom. Nobody is thanking you for crap!