• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from CA

JAustin316

23 minutes ago, DNP said:

Welcome from San Diego. Read up a bit and throw out any questions. There’s a few of us restricted Californians here. Happy to see another. 

Copy you. Just mainly debating spending the $3000 for a LaRue or similar or piecing something off a used DPMS GII that’s F4 inspired.

10 hours ago, JAustin316 said:

Copy you. Just mainly debating spending the $3000 for a LaRue or similar or piecing something off a used DPMS GII that’s F4 inspired.

Both?  We’re great at spending other people’s money. Why get one when you can have two?

11 hours ago, JAustin316 said:

Avoid the DPMS GII if you can - it's cool, at almost-AR15 sized, but there's a shiit-ton of proprietary parts in there, and the aftermarket doesn't support that 100%.  On the other hand - there's no way in the world that you'd be disappointed with that LaRue, and you wouldn't have to change a single thing on it.

Welcome aboard...  :thumbup:

19 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Avoid the DPMS GII if you can - it's cool, at almost-AR15 sized, but there's a shiit-ton of proprietary parts in there, and the aftermarket doesn't support that 100%.  On the other hand - there's no way in the world that you'd be disappointed with that LaRue, and you wouldn't have to change a single thing on it.

Welcome aboard...  :thumbup:

Which is what I’m as thinking... but a used one is stupid cheap and a nice Rainier Ultra Match barrel is only like $500ish and with extra triggers and stocks and handguards I think making one nice would still be 1/2 the price of the LaRue giving me more $$ for glass. But if I’m still wrong please let me know.

If you decide to build, I would avoid the GII as 98 said. Pick a standard DPMS or Armalite based platform and run with it. Post up with what you’re thinking. PSA has been hit and miss, Aero seems to be pretty popular without too many complaints. Tons of others out there. If you watch for deals, you could probably meet you goal of 1500 with a decent rifle and have room for some nice glass. Keep Primary Arms in mind for the glass. They have some nice models at reasonable prices depending on what you’re after. 

35 minutes ago, DNP said:

If you decide to build, I would avoid the GII as 98 said. Pick a standard DPMS or Armalite based platform and run with it. Post up with what you’re thinking. PSA has been hit and miss, Aero seems to be pretty popular without too many complaints. Tons of others out there. If you watch for deals, you could probably meet you goal of 1500 with a decent rifle and have room for some nice glass. Keep Primary Arms in mind for the glass. They have some nice models at reasonable prices depending on what you’re after. 

I’m not against the $3k... I was just thinking that if I can get similar performance in a smaller package then I’d shoot for it. Have you heard anything about the Nordic Nc10s? Did they just come and go?

8 minutes ago, JAustin316 said:

I’m not against the $3k... I was just thinking that if I can get similar performance in a smaller package then I’d shoot for it. Have you heard anything about the Nordic Nc10s? Did they just come and go?

Nordic Components is a very good company.  They don't even list the NC-10 on their own website anymore, as far as I could see.  Looks like they dropped it.

You're looking for OLL stuff.  That's gonna be tough, based on your legislators.  They add everything that they can find to the list...

5 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Nordic Components is a very good company.  They don't even list the NC-10 on their own website anymore, as far as I could see.  Looks like they dropped it.

You're looking for OLL stuff.  That's gonna be tough, based on your legislators.  They add everything that they can find to the list...

Yeah the NC10 is from a buddy Which was also an option as well. I’m almost leaning towards the LaRue rifle kit and doing the lower from an 80% or so.

17 hours ago, JAustin316 said:

Yeah the NC10 is from a buddy Which was also an option as well. I’m almost leaning towards the LaRue rifle kit and doing the lower from an 80% or so.

Need to do some deep research to see what it takes to mate an 80% lower to a LaRue upper.  I'm just sayin'...

• 3 months later...