Peachey's brownie points

WestGaDad

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aww shucks babe! I'm glad I did good. Glad you posted too, I was gonna bust and post it myself if you didn't lolol. @98Z5V I'll let him fill in the specs when he goes on break again, but it started as a '98 that his dad bought new. Hit a deer at two weeks old and smashed the front end. Then his mom got t boned in Atlanta sometime around 01-02. After the t bone the insurance totaled it and westgadad bought it back as a salvage title vehicle. He fixed it and drove it for a couple years. He left the road backwards in it around 07 and really destroyed it. By 09 he had it going again and thankfully it's not had anymore on road accidents. The first engine I ever helped rebuild is the Jeeps. We went 4 years with that as our only transportation lol. Ahh the good old days. The other frontend poking out is my '76 Scout Traveller. 

NICE!!!  Hell yeah!!!   :banana:  That Scout is the SHEEEIIIIIT!!!   :hail:

When Jeep got eaten up by Fiat/Chrysler and they dropped the 4.0L straight six, they really fucked up with that gay V6 that's in there in the new junk.  The start of the great 4.0L Jeeps was the YJ.  The end of the great Jeeps was the TJ and LJ.   Everything else, with that V6, just sucks, if you don't swap it to a V8 - or BACK to a straight 6.  

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

NICE!!!  Hell yeah!!!   :banana:  That Scout is the SHEEEIIIIIT!!!   :hail:

When Jeep got eaten up by Fiat/Chrysler and they dropped the 4.0L straight six, they really fucked up with that gay V6 that's in there in the new junk.  The start of the great 4.0L Jeeps was the YJ.  The end of the great Jeeps was the TJ and LJ.   Everything else, with that V6, just sucks, if you don't swap it to a V8 - or BACK to a straight 6.  

You have no idea how funny that is! He's saving a slant 6 for it in a few years when it's emissions exempt. It's a 4cyl now (2.5 I believe?!?). He calls it "the buzzin half dozen" plan LOLOL. 

If it's the 2.4L 4cyl, gotta dump the trans, too - that was the AX5 trans.  Buy the 4.0L and the trans together, and you'll get the AX15 trans with it. 

If he gets REALLY LUCKY, and finds a 4.0L out of a 2000-up TJ, it'll have the NV3550 trans, which is a badass manual.  It'll also have two different transfer cases behind it.  It's gonna have the NP231, which is a good t-case, or it might have the NP241OR t-case.  231 has a low range of 2.72:1, the 241OR has a low range of 4.0:1.  Find the 241OR if you can.   Find a totalled 2000-up Wrangler Rubicon with a manual trans, and that's the 4.0L eng, NV3550 trans, 241OR t-case.  That is one BADASS combination...  :thumbup:

First year of the YJ jeep was 1987.  That thing had the carbed 258ci engine - the 4.2L - through the 1990 model year.  The '87~'89 had a shiiit transmission, the BA-10, stay away.  The '90~'91 went to the AX15 (decent trans) but still the 4.2L.  1991 saw the first 4.0L engine, and all the '91 YJ and all TJs had the AX-15 - unless it was the TJ Rubicon model.  Early TJ Rubicon models still had the AX-15 trans,but that sweetass NP241OR t-case, with the 4.0:1 low range.  2000-ups had the NV3550 trans - far superior to the AX-15 (which ain't bad, but...). 

Shop wisely.  I'm here for you guys.  My "gun shiit" started with RX-7 shiit, then Jeep shiit...   a LONG TIME AGO...   :bitchslap::laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

@98Z5V yeah man it's a 2.5, ax5, np231, d30 front and d35 rear. 4:11's and 31" tires. 100% truthfully I'll probably never change any of it. I joke about the 225 but it'd be a lot of trouble for the benefit. I'm sentimental about it. My daughter says it's hers now. It's a 98 mostly. 97 tub. 03 window frame and cage. Rear d35 from a 2000. No sway bar links. It will flex until the coils pop out.

55 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

First year of the YJ jeep was 1987.  That thing had the carbed 258ci engine - the 4.2L - through the 1990 model year.  The '87~'89 had a shiiit transmission, the BA-10, stay away.  The '90~'91 went to the AX15 (decent trans) but still the 4.2L.  1991 saw the first 4.0L engine, and all the '91 YJ and all TJs had the AX-15 - unless it was the TJ Rubicon model.  Early TJ Rubicon models still had the AX-15 trans,but that sweetass NP241OR t-case, with the 4.0:1 low range.  2000-ups had the NV3550 trans - far superior to the AX-15 (which ain't bad, but...). 

Shop wisely.  I'm here for you guys.  My "gun shiit" started with RX-7 shiit, then Jeep shiit...   a LONG TIME AGO...   :bitchslap::laffs:

You know I own an 87 YJ and a 97 TJ

6 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

You know I own an 87 YJ and a 97 TJ

Can the engine in the '87, junk it.  Don't do anything to the '97.  You know I own a '93 YJ with a 6" coil conversion, right?... Lockers front & rear, full-floated the rear, manual-hubbed the front (you can see the locking hubs front and rear, in the below pic), warn axle conversions throughout, NP231 main shaft conversion, double-cardan short rear driveshaft, cage, engine mods for days...  If you need Jeep mods, lemme know. I can advance your ignition timing with a drill bit.  We need to mod your MAP sensor after that though...

CopyofLTRPICS002.jpg

1 minute ago, Robocop1051 said:

The 97 is my regular driver, but it’s getting tired too. 

No such animal.  That's BS.  There's no reason to get rid of it- because you'll never be able to get anything like that back.  The new Jeeps are shiit.  If you sell that '97, then...   :bitchslap:

4 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

but it’s getting tired too. 

I'll rebuild that 4.0L for you, fool.  Weekend is all we need, if the parts are on hand already, and pre-positioned (shipped HERE, just like ammo for a Fall Shoot....)...  That's one of the easiest engines in the world to rebuild.  Fuckin' simple, brother.  Need axles re-geared?  Done.  T-case or trans rebuilt?  Whatever.  (Just don't tell me it's that damn automatic - I ain't touching that thing)

Add more weekends if you want trans and t-case rebuilds.  Except for that automatic - take that bitch to AAMCO...   Gimme a week down here, and that's engine, manual trans, t-case rebuilds.  Done.  Axles - we'll muscle through them in the time we have.  I have presses made to do the long side axle seal on the D30 front.  Everything else, whatever.  I'm IN...

Oh, you have to buy the beer for this - but I don't charge labor for projects like this...   not with friends...  :laffs:  I roofed a guy's house in Cincinnatti for beer.  2-story, and the peak was sketchy-steep, and he bought enough beer to try to kill me...   :lmao:

3 hours ago, Peachey said:

The other frontend poking out is my '76 Scout Traveller. 

Peachy, if your Scout has the original engine, which one do you have, the 304, the 345 or the diesel? I will have to dig, but I have a picture somewhere of myself sitting behind the wheel of a brand new 1975 Scout II the first day I bought it. Got into a lot of trouble in that rig. Two months after buying it and I tried jumping a dry creek bed with it and left both dual exhausts mufflers and all sitting on the stream bed. Problem with Scout’s they started rusting in northern climates 2 minutes after they left the dealer. They are built like tanks though.  Miss that rig.

F1EE4B1D-4BC1-400E-9CA2-428AA414C096.jpeg

Edited by Sisco

@Sisco It's a 304, 727 auto, 2wd long wheelbase "Traveller". From what I've gathered on the IH forum I was on, it's a semi desirable truck. Fairly high option list. Tilt, AC, Auto, Towing PKG, woodgrain dash (apparently that's a big deal lol), am/fm etc etc. The only big option it's missing is the swivel seats. The fact that it's not the 345 or diesel makes the numbers/rarity folks all giddy. This one's just a bit too far gone for us to justify making nice. It's kinda like my wanna be farm truck I guess. Still cool, still something I've wanted to own and drive around town.  

@Ravenworks I've always loved the LJ's! Just can't ever find one affordable enough. I really really really want a Scrambler though! 

PhotoEditor_20190904_061618538.jpg

1 hour ago, Ravenworks said:

"2006 LJ", that has every goodie imaginable  while still maintaining a stock appearance.

Built as an expo vehicle.20181001_122110.thumb.jpg.28809919b66865f4152ed8b6950933ec.jpg

20180930_150504.thumb.jpg.18a5cde386b9dee313d15b970b40c801.jpg

Were almost done with the 5.3 swap in my dads 03 LJ. Still shaking out some bugs between computers.  He almost sold it. Had a banks kit on the stock motor and it just never ran right. Then this bright idea popped in. I still give him crap because it’s been almost a year now...and who knows how many dollars later. 

DD94D7EE-7110-4DB8-A502-40E85EB5A105.jpeg

759BE90B-D675-4702-ACCF-05A1DEAE9839.jpeg

Ok it is a jeep Motorcycle tread I'm in..... Now this is a jeep 1969 CJ5 with 33 inches added to frame and rear of tub cut off to make a 1/2 cab last year of willy's Kaiser came stock with 225 V6 dauntless motor 70,000 original miles this is my hunting rig and summer driver.....has a splitter overdrive I bought it from the man who bought it new off the floor he did all the work including blue printing and balancing the whole motor after the crank broke with 1500 miles on it ,he worked on Jags and Porsche's and did the work himself , . Runs and drives like a caddy very fun rig....

DSC03519.JPG

DSC03520.JPG

DSC03523.JPG

DSC03524.JPG