• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Saudi food for thought

Sisco

Has anyone stopped for a moment and considered that Saudi Arabia, the US’s number 1 customer for Patriot Missles, sophisticated radar, fighter jets, and billions of dollars of sophisticated military hardware, just had HALF their oil output shut down by off the shelf export grade Chinese drones and missiles? And did not detect any of them in time, wherever they came from? Maybe we need to start looking at what WE are getting for all the money we spend on sophisticated equipment. Yes we need it, but the increase in processor capability in weapons is changing the game fast. Smart weapons are now becoming cheap and available on the open market.

How sure are we that all the facts are out? Many allies don't seem as eager to state facts yet. Saudi false flag? Necon false flag? Incentive for the saudi's to buy more better stuff? For all the proclamations of how devastating the attack was on production the estimates I hear say they will be back up to capacity in short order. 

I honestly don't give a schit how hard the bastards get hit, either side, as long as we don't get drug into the mess beyond selling them more equipment to blast each other with. I would think we are keeping our top of the line stuff secret and close to the vest...........if not we are fked.

20 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

I suspect it's not so much the equipment's fault as to the operators and what the system is set up to detect. Like many alarm systems there are 'filters' that are set to ignore nuisance detections( bird flocks or wildlife). The more sensitive the more monitoring that is required.

17 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

How sure are we that all the facts are out? Many allies don't seem as eager to state facts yet. Saudi false flag? Necon false flag? Incentive for the saudi's to buy more better stuff? For all the proclamations of how devastating the attack was on production the estimates I hear say they will be back up to capacity in short order. 

I honestly don't give a schit how hard the bastards get hit, either side, as long as we don't get drug into the mess beyond selling them more equipment to blast each other with. I would think we are keeping our top of the line stuff secret and close to the vest...........if not we are fked.

Agree with both of you. Part of it is are the Saudi operators up to snuff? Also, JT, probably a game within a game is going on. And yeah, let’s keep the fuk out of it. Enough overseas crap.

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

My exact thought soon as the story broke. One headline that makes us mad at iran...mad at china....support saudi. Dont mess with my gas prices!!!!

How about this. If they are so sure iran did it, why arent they using those tanks and jets we sold them to retaliate?  Ill bet Israel would help out since they cant take on iran by themselves. Our contribution will be to stay out of it and let middle east deal with middle east problems. 

Bin Laden was a Saudi National.  Let that sink in.  Saudi Arabia isn't really our friend, with what they've supported over the last multiple decades - but then, they support military installations for us during conflict in the MIddle East.  Watch them close, trust them not.

Here's another spin on the oil thing...

Iraq is getting ready to become it's own country again with less restrictions and stuff.

So their major export from Iraq is oil... with Saudi oil being down, this gives Iraq a chance to get theirs moving again get more out the door and get some revenue coming back it to the country. 

It boosts their economy, they start importing things from other countries, it's a win win situation for them. 

I sorta want this to happen, so I can say fork it and retire.  

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Bin Laden was a Saudi National.  Let that sink in.  Saudi Arabia isn't really our friend, with what they've supported over the last multiple decades - but then, they support military installations for us during conflict in the MIddle East.  Watch them close, trust them not.

Truth

17 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Saudi's are no ones friend and have a firm foot in each camp while playing one side off against the other. 

On 9/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

I suspect it's not so much the equipment's fault as to the operators and what the system is set up to detect. 

Big truth. I watch tons of videos from shitholes that we participate in. I see Iraqi soldiers using OUR tanks get taken out by guys with grenades. I see Syrians firing TOWs at unarmed pickup trucks and missing. Those people have zero training. Saudis and Iranians are probably a little better and have some dangerous units, but I doubt they are anywhere near proficient as a whole.  These people may be equipped with high tech war equipment, but they are still mentally fighting with sticks and rocks.

39 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Only thing I can guess is we are using this as an excuse to have a bigger presence in Saudi. 

I wonder what percentage of the world oil supply would be either American or an American protectorate?  Let's hope some goofball world leader doesn't feel threatened by this control and do something stupid.

The whole thing......

887247573_smellslike.jpg.01f13e1ea89b4149d218bd63b25a0d75.jpg

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

Big truth. I watch tons of videos from shitholes that we participate in. I see Iraqi soldiers using OUR tanks get taken out by guys with grenades. I see Syrians firing TOWs at unarmed pickup trucks and missing. Those people have zero training. Saudis and Iranians are probably a little better and have some dangerous units, but I doubt they are anywhere near proficient as a whole.  These people may be equipped with high tech war equipment, but they are still mentally fighting with sticks and rocks.

55 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I wonder what percentage of the world oil supply would be either American or an American protectorate?  Let's hope some goofball world leader doesn't feel threatened by this control and do something stupid.

The whole thing......

887247573_smellslike.jpg.01f13e1ea89b4149d218bd63b25a0d75.jpg

Truth and Truth

4 hours ago, Sisco said:

Think about this: We are sending U.S. soldiers to defend a kingdom that ordered an American citizen cut into pieces at one of their embassies last year.

I thought he was a saudi citizen who worked freelance in the US?

Either way, we aren't defending them. They don't need us for that. there are other things happening that us peasants aren't privy to. 

This should be interesting if the rebels are telling  the truth.

from- https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49866677 

A Houthi spokesman told the BBC that three Saudi brigades had surrendered near the Saudi town of Najran.

He said thousands of soldiers had been captured and many others killed. Saudi officials have not confirmed the claim.

The operation was the largest of its kind since the conflict began, the spokesman said.

Colonel Yahiya Sarea said Saudi forces had suffered "huge losses in life and machinery".

All those captured would be paraded on the Houthi-run Al Masirah TV network on Sunday, he added.

Houthis say they launched a drone and missile attack on Saudi oil facilities on 14 September which affected global markets.