• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Antelope

shepp

Yesterday morning about 25 min in I bagged my first pronghorn antelope. Shot was 152 yards double lunged him and dropped almost instantly, Horns with a quick measurement came out to 14.5” plus.

It’s cold wet and miserable here the past two days but the weather is suppose to break this afternoon

EBAE6A81-8A24-4C81-9AB6-2FCC89DC6E59.jpeg

169AB74C-252B-4412-BCA7-C7534157DA62.jpeg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I found out about these lil cocksuckers this weekend, I know you guys tease @Matt.Cross about them. At home we have cockle burs, basicly what The invented of Velcro fashioned it after. These lil fuckers are like pissed off cockle burs, the rancher we talked to called something different than you AZ guys, said mid summer when their ripe a horse will kick them their  belly and buck

5EFBDEA7-CC0E-43B9-9474-217B41EE0105.jpeg

Edited by shepp

1 hour ago, shepp said:

So we did a thing tonight, not bad, all a sigma. They tastes like fried pork tender loin 

F39BF4C5-2A24-45D3-BAA4-2060A297398C.jpeg

BF467EC2-0FEB-47EC-B173-73F23DC28DA7.jpeg

Know a girl from England, family  moved to Alberta, got invited to BBQ where prairie oyster were served. Half dozen 'oysters' in she suddenly began to wonder were prairie oysters come from as there are no oceans.

8 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Know a girl from England, family  moved to Alberta, got invited to BBQ where prairie oyster were served. Half dozen 'oysters' in she suddenly began to wonder were prairie oysters come from as there are no oceans.

Hahaha my first thought was the movie funny farm with Chevy Chase. I can now say I’ve had them and got that knocked off the list 

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Was there any good beer at the pub in the background?

Where that yellow sign is was the bar I had the Rocky Mountain oysters it, they still let people smoke in bars in wy, it was horrible in there lol. Lusk is the biggest little town in miles of about 1500 people, but it’s a pretty happening little town. Some places did have local WY beer mostly outta Cheyenne or Gillette, I had a really good oatmeal stout that was local but I didn’t catch the name. 

That truck had a Cummings in it, was a bad ass rig 

On 10/2/2019 at 11:54 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

7 hours ago, Sisco said:

Nice antelope Shepp! That second antelope you shot, though, I have never seen a black one,

With all that beautiful beef around we wondered in what kinda time we could quarter up one of them beast. We went to scout an area on tue on foot, got up over the ridge and here sat a ginormous bull laying there chewing his cud. We quickly decided it was probably a good idea to go back to the truck and go around him. 

4 minutes ago, shepp said:

These girls were real interested in us after my buddy shot his goat

B9BE99CE-A15F-4ECE-B448-04E0A90FDDE1.jpeg

That's a metric shiit-ton of ass there, for a Farmer Fucker. They liked your buddy, eh?...   :thumbup:  Tell him to SLAY IT...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

51 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That's a metric shiit-ton of ass there, for a Farmer Fucker. They liked your buddy, eh?...   :thumbup:  Tell him to SLAY IT...   :banana:

51 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Learned one cow requires 40 acres, one section is 1mile by 1 mile or 640 acre square. No where you went was free of cow shit, and it all had little magic mushrooms growing in them. 

We were eating lunch private land to our right, public to the left. I was wandering around with my camera when to the right I noticed a buck. I said her buck to the right my buddy and his FIL said yea we saw it, I replied no this ones 150 yards. Buddy grabbed his 300 win mag and laid prone on the left side of the two track I huddled behind the truck as the buck slithered under the fence (they don’t jump fences) then he crossed the two track and slithered onto the public and BLOUCH he lauded his ass out. We got back from pictures and gutting and these girls were all eyes on us