• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hunting caliber AR15

Albroswift

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't shot it yet, but swapped out the gas block with a BAD titanium and painted the safety levers. not quite a match but better match then the FDE. Also scored 320 factory rounds on Gunbroker for what I think was a fair deal, 180 87gr Soft Points  and 120 100gr Swine Smashers. 

BAD2.thumb.jpg.9d6cfb83ad5149b7f20e3cfc147a985b.jpg

BAD3.thumb.jpg.0616f49290b1ae93bf4737c76ab1fca4.jpg

Radian1.thumb.jpg.6ffcdc136e1e7988c0a33f78298cd706.jpg

Radian2.thumb.jpg.cace47a2f949867ce06a47855d9872b8.jpg

pix589659355.thumb.jpg.2f2a66ea7d6baa241189e1831e2c4c26.jpg

I loaded up some older Sierra 150 grain flat base soft point bullets back when we were working up some hunting loads for our Colorado trips.  They functioned flawlessly and deadly accurate in every rifle we have here.  Settled on the Barnes 175 grain bullets instead but wouldn't worry about soft points thru these rifles for hunting.......

IMG_3416.JPG

9 hours ago, SimonSays said:

Thank you Gentlemen for setting me straight on my misunderstanding of soft points and auto loaders...

Its like finding out girls don't have cooties. My pool of potential friends just doubled. 😁

No cooties here... except maybe the Clap from some of the girls Tom has chased. Haha

On 12/20/2019 at 6:54 PM, unforgiven said:

At least thiers a cure for the clap...:laffs:

No known cure for the cooties.

Not true brother! You have to shave one side and soak the other side with gasoline. You set that side on fire and when the cooties run over to the shaved side you stab 'em with an ice pick!

Sheesh, everybody knows that!:lmao:

16 hours ago, unforgiven said:

I remember over filling my Zippo and getting the lighter fluid on my leg. I thought I was on fire.

I did that several times back when I used to smoke. Lighter fluid is bad!

You know, talking about Zippos and cooties kinda dates us brother! Oh well, these younger folks will never get to experience a lot of the shiit we did! Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing!😋

Edited by 392heminut

2 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

I did that several times back when I used to smoke. Lighter fluid is bad!

Then when the "Bic" type came out people were getting burned up when something ignited the lighter when it was on there person. So we got one and put it on a chain link fence and lit the other end and like right now it was a roaring flame thrower . Hahaha good times.

1 minute ago, unforgiven said:

Then when the "Bic" type came out people were getting burned up when something ignited the lighter when it was on there person. So we got one and put it on a chain link fence and lit the other end and like right now it was a roaring flame thrower . Hahaha good times.

It's a fukken wonder we have survived this long!

Hanging out at my favorite dive bar. After closing one of the Young bucks comes flying down the street in a pinto doing 180s slamming on the brakes going back and forth. We thought that was funny as $hit. Later on you find out the Pinto's are rolling gas can as was the 64 Mustang that my wife had at one time. I started behind the wheel at 14.